For a lovely lamb recipe that the whole family will love, why not try this delicious spiced version for your Sunday meal this week? With cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper to flavour this tender lamb dish, this idea makes a great Easter recipe that makes a change from the norm too.
HOW TO MAKE SPICE RUB LEG OF LAMB WITH VEG COUSCOUS
- 2.5kg (5.5lb) leg of lamb
- 1tbsp each ground cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp mustard powder
For the couscous
- 3 each red peppers, courgettes and red onions
- 2 aubergines
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 250g (9oz) couscous
- 400ml (14fl oz) vegetable stock, boiling half bunch each mint and coriander, chopped
- juice 2 to 3 lemons
- Make diagonal slashes along the top side of the lamb. Mix the spices, lemon zest and juice, oil and mustard powder and season. Using a small knife, push the paste in the cuts of lamb and place in a roasting tin. Marinate overnight or for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4 and roast for 1 hour 40 minutes, for lamb that is on the cooked side of pink.
- Meanwhile, cut the veg and onions into chunks. Place on baking sheets, toss in 3tbsp oil and season. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Put the couscous in a bowl with 1tbsp oil and pour over the stock. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the veg, herbs, lemon juice and season. Carve the lamb and serve.
Juneteenth 2021: when and how to celebrate the significant holiday
Everything you need to know for this year's Juneteenth
By Danielle Valente •
The Devil Wears Prada cast reunited to celebrate the film's 15-year anniversary
The Devil Wears Prada cast, including Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep, got together for the 15th anniversary of the film
By Rylee Johnston •
Schitt's Creek's Annie Murphy gives a voice to overlooked sitcom wives
The new AMC show takes a look at what would happen if the typical sitcom wife was allowed to speak up
By Rylee Johnston •