Sophie is supporting Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday 26th September. For more info go www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or to donate £5 text CUPCAKE to 70550
- 3 large egg whites
- 165g caster sugar
- 45g pistachios, very finely chopped
- green food colouring paste (optional)
For the filling:
- 85ml double cream
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 140°C/gas 1, and line two large baking trays with baking parchment. Draw 32 circles approximately 3cm in diameter and 3cm apart on the baking parchment.
- Put the egg whites in a large clean bowl and using electric beaters, whisk to stiff peaks. Sprinkle over 1 tbsp of the sugar and whisk back to a stiff peak, continue in this way, adding 1 tbsp sugar at a time until all the sugar has been incorporated and the meringue is thick and glossy. Whisk in a little green food colouring paste - the colour will fade in the oven, so make sure you add enough. Then fold through all but a small handful of the pistachios.
- Spoon the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe small swirls onto the baking sheets, using the drawn circles as a guide. Sprinkle over the reserved pistachios and bake for 30 minutes, then turn down the heat to 120/gas ½ and cook for a further 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues to cool with the door slightly ajar, (the meringues can be made up to 1 week in advance and kept in an airtight container).
- To make the filling, put the crushed cardamom pods in a small pan and pour over the cream. Heat until just below boiling point, then remove from the hob and leave to infuse for 20mins. Put the chocolate in a bowl, reheat the cream, then strain over the chocolate. Leave to stand for 1 min, then stir from the centre, outwards until all the chocolate has melted (melt in microwave in 10 sec blasts if the chocolate has not completely melted). Leave to cool for about 20 minutes, until thickened then transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle. Use a little of the chocolate filling to sandwich together the meringues, creating little meringue kisses.
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •