- for the salad
- 2tbsp chipotle sauce, we like Discovery
- 2tbsp dark brown muscadavo sugar
- 2tsp oil
- 400g (14oz) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 baby gem lettuces, sliced into quarters
- 200g (4oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 400g tin black beans or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled de-stoned and sliced
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- for the dressing
- 2 limes, juiced and extra wedges
- ½tsp Tabasco, depending on heat
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼tsp salt
- 1tbsp runny honey
Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Combine the chipotle sauce, sugar and oil to make a dark paste then brush this all over the pork, place in a roasting tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, beans and avocado between two plates. In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients and season.
Once the pork is cooked, slice into 1cm rounds and stir the chipotle cooking juices into the dressing. Add the pork to the salads, scatter with coriander, drizzle with the dressing and serve with extra lime wedges.
Top Tip for making Pork Tenderloin Salad with Tabasco Dressing
Wrap the cooked pork in flour tortillas with some chopped coriander, roasted red peppers and a drizzle of sour cream for a delicious lunch on the go.