This flavoursome fish recipe that’s read in just 30 minutes, so try this great low calorie recipe that’s easy to throw together.
Tuna is a great source of healthy protein and is packed with omega-3 fatty acids that are great for helping to prevent heart disease.
Served with a crunchy salad that’s full of different flavours thanks to the oil, vinegar and ginger mixed together with the honey. With edamame beans, spring onions and carrots you’re also getting a hit of veg in this lovely dish.
What’s more, this healthy recipe serves six people, so it’s a great one to try if you’re feeding a crowd and want to cook up something super healthy.
HOW TO MAKE SEARED TUNA WITH SESAME AND GINGER SALAD
- Mix 3 tbsp of the sesame oil, the rice vinegar, honey and ginger together. Place the edamame beans, spring onions, carrot and radish in a bowl then pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
- Place the tuna on a plate and brush with the remaining sesame oil. Roll through the peppercorns and sesame seeds taking care not to coat the ends.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and sear the length of the tuna for 2 minutes on each side until there is a 3mm ring around the edge.
- Remove from the pan, cool slightly, then thinly slice the tuna. Serve with the sesame & ginger salad.
- 4tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp ginger
- 80g shelled edamame beans
- 4 spring onion, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienne
- 100g radish, thinly sliced
- 400g fresh tuna fillet (tail end)
- 1½ tbsp black peppercorns,crushed
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
Top Tip for making Seared Tuna with Sesame and Ginger Salad
Go for a complete sesame crusted tuna and mix sesame seeds with black sesame seeds available from health food shops.
Sarah Jessica Parker and JLo's favorite reusable face mask has sold out 14 times
Even better? You can currently snap up more than 20% off the usual price tag
By Lucy Abbersteen •
A look at Highgrove House, Prince of Charles and Duchess Camilla's stunning Cotswolds retreat
Everything you need to know about Highgrove House, the home of Charles and Camilla
By Laura Harman •
Is This Is Us ending with Season 6? Everything we know so far
Everything we know about the This Is Us Season 6 release date, news, spoilers and more
By Lucy Abbersteen •