This flavoursome fish recipe that’s read in just 30 minutes, so try this great low calorie recipe that’s easy to throw together.
Tuna is a great source of healthy protein and is packed with omega-3 fatty acids that are great for helping to prevent heart disease.
Served with a crunchy salad that’s full of different flavours thanks to the oil, vinegar and ginger mixed together with the honey. With edamame beans, spring onions and carrots you’re also getting a hit of veg in this lovely dish.
What’s more, this healthy recipe serves six people, so it’s a great one to try if you’re feeding a crowd and want to cook up something super healthy.
HOW TO MAKE SEARED TUNA WITH SESAME AND GINGER SALAD
- Mix 3 tbsp of the sesame oil, the rice vinegar, honey and ginger together. Place the edamame beans, spring onions, carrot and radish in a bowl then pour over the dressing and toss to coat.
- Place the tuna on a plate and brush with the remaining sesame oil. Roll through the peppercorns and sesame seeds taking care not to coat the ends.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and sear the length of the tuna for 2 minutes on each side until there is a 3mm ring around the edge.
- Remove from the pan, cool slightly, then thinly slice the tuna. Serve with the sesame & ginger salad.
- 4tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp ginger
- 80g shelled edamame beans
- 4 spring onion, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienne
- 100g radish, thinly sliced
- 400g fresh tuna fillet (tail end)
- 1½ tbsp black peppercorns,crushed
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
Top Tip for making Seared Tuna with Sesame and Ginger Salad
Go for a complete sesame crusted tuna and mix sesame seeds with black sesame seeds available from health food shops.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •