Discover more healthy salmon recipes here
- 200g (7oz) medium noodles
- 2tbsp oil, plus extra for the noodles
- 2 responsibly sourced salmon fillets
- 1 red onion, sliced very finely
- 150g (5oz) bean sprouts
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 200g (7oz) spinach, wilted
- small bunch chives, finely chopped
- juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then cool under cold running water. Toss through with a little oil and set aside. Heat a frying pan until smoking hot, then add half the oil. Season the salmon and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, turning once and reducing the heat if the fish starts to burn.
While the salmon is cooking, heat a wok and add the remaining oil. When very hot, add the red onion and fry for a minute or so, before adding the bean sprouts, soy and cooked noodles. Fry for another 2 minutes, add the spinach, and when that’s hot, add the chives. Squeeze over the lime juice, then serve the noodles with the salmon on top, and extra lime wedges on the side.
The easiest way to wilt spinach is by tossing it once washed in a hot, dry pan. Stop just before it has all wilted as it will continue to cook, even when off the heat.