serves:6 - 8
- 200g oatcakes
- 125g butter
- 200g caramelised onion jam or onion marmalade
- 280g full-fat Philadelphia
- 500g ricotta
- 4 large free-range egg yolks
- 150g extra mature Cheddar, coarsely grated
- 2tbsp snipped chives green grapes, to serve
- You will need:
- a 20cm springform tin
Crush the oatcakes with a rolling pin or in a food processor. Melt the butter, stir it into the oatcakes then press into the base of the tin. Spread over the onion jam. Keep in the fridge while you make the filling.
Heat the oven to 170C, gas 3. Whisk together the cream cheese, ricotta and egg yolks, stir through the Cheddar and chives then spoon on to the oatcake base. Bake for around 1 hour or until just set. It will still be slightly wobbly but sets as it cools.
Run a knife around the edge (to prevent cracking) then leave to cool before leaving in the fridge overnight. Serve at room temperature with green grapes, a crunchy salad or slices of apple and celery.