By Jane Curran
Salmon with pea puree is a simple fish dish flavoured with zesty lemon and fresh mint. This pea puree is so easy to make, but has a punchy flavour and vibrant colour that makes it so impressive. Giving your salmon a crispy skin makes it a bit more special than a standard piece of salmon. The skin of a salmon fillet actually has the highest concentration of Omega 3 fatty acids of any part of the fish, and making it nice and crispy is a great way to enjoy it. Salmon with pea puree is a perfect midweek meal, but also feels special enough that you could serve it as a dinner party main. We’ve served our salmon and pea puree with potatoes to make it a bit more substantial, but you could serve with a grain or rice salad, if you prefer. Frozen peas are a quick and healthy freezer staple that can be used in so many dishes. We’ve whizzed them up with crème fraiche and pine nuts to make a luxurious puree, but they also make a great addition to pastas, risottos, and salads.
- Put the peas in a sieve and run under boiling water from the kettle to thaw them. Whizz them to a chunky purée in a food processor with the pine nuts, crème fraîche, lemon zest and juice, and mint.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until really hot then cook the salmon, skin side down, until crispy. Flip it over and cook for a few more mins until cooked through. Microwave the purée until heated through. Serve the puree with the salmon, potatoes and pea shoots.
- 300g frozen petits pois
- 1tbsp pine nuts
- 4tbsp crème fraîche
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- few sprigs of fresh mint
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 salmon fillets, seasoned
- steamed baby new potatoes and pea shoots, to serve
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •