Nutrition per portion
- juice 3 limes
- juice 3 lemons
- juice 1 orange
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 4 king scallops, roe removed and finely sliced
- 300g (10oz) salmon fillet, skin removed and finely sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into 1cm (½in) chunks
- 150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- you will need
- a large, shallow dish
Mix the citrus juices, onion, chilli, sugar and a pinch of sea salt. Leave for 1 hour before tasting and adjusting the sweetness and seasoning, if necessary.
Pour the citrus dressing over the seafood. Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge, until the fish and scallops look opaque.
Combine the avocado, tomatoes and coriander with the seafood. Use a slotted spoon to lift the fish out of the citrus juice and serve immediately. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Top Tip for making Salmon and Scallop Ceviche
Although the acid acts to 'cook' the fish, it's extremely important, for both safety and flavour, that your fish is very fresh - it should smell clean with no fishy odour.