- juice 3 limes
- juice 3 lemons
- juice 1 orange
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 4 king scallops, roe removed and finely sliced
- 300g (10oz) salmon fillet, skin removed and finely sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into 1cm (½in) chunks
- 150g (5oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- you will need
- a large, shallow dish
Mix the citrus juices, onion, chilli, sugar and a pinch of sea salt. Leave for 1 hour before tasting and adjusting the sweetness and seasoning, if necessary.
Pour the citrus dressing over the seafood. Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge, until the fish and scallops look opaque.
Combine the avocado, tomatoes and coriander with the seafood. Use a slotted spoon to lift the fish out of the citrus juice and serve immediately. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
Although the acid acts to 'cook' the fish, it's extremely important, for both safety and flavour, that your fish is very fresh - it should smell clean with no fishy odour.