If liked, serve them in pretty cupcake collars. You may need to trim the top of the babas off to fit neatly inside.
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp easy blend yeast
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 50ml (2 floz) milk
- 115g/ 4 1/2 oz butter
- for the syrup
- 150g (5oz) golden caster sugar
- 6 tbsp rum
- 150ml (1/4 pint) whipped cream
you will need
- a 12 hole deep muffin tin or dariole moulds, lightly greased, or use silicone moulds
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl and stir in the yeast and sugar.
- Place the milk in a small pan and warm gently to hand hot. Remove from the heat. Add the butter and allow it to soften.
- Using a wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat the eggs into the flour mixture then add the warm milk and softened butter mixture, beating well to give a soft sticky, glossy dough.
- Divide the dough equally between the moulds, they should be just over half full. Cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place until doubled in size and risen to the top of the moulds.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C, 170C fan, gas 5. Bake for 15 mins until golden brown and risen.
- To make the syrup, using a zester peel off a few strips of orange rind and reserve for decoration. Grate the remaining zest and juice the orange. Place the orange juice and grated zest in a small pan with the sugar, rum and 100ml water. Bring to the boil for 5 mins to make a syrup. Pour over the rum babas and allow to cool.
- Serve with whipped cream and the reserved strips of orange peel.
Ben Affleck reveals how his divorce from Jennifer Garner helped him become a better actor
He shared how ‘intense personal experiences’ have made acting more ‘interesting’
By Emma Shacklock •
Princes Charles makes heartbreaking admission about his father Prince Philip
The Prince of Wales has concerns about his father, the Duke of Edinburgh, amid the global pandemic
By Aleesha Badkar •
These are the top five most popular Jo Malone London fragrances
We all have our favourite Jo Malone fragrance – but does your favourite make the top five?
By Lucy Abbersteen •