Our rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze is a boozy showstopper that will wow all your guests.
Lemon and rosemary is a classic combination. The sourness of the lemon goes brilliantly with the floral flavours of the rosemary. Combined with gin, there’s nothing not to love. It’s most certainly a decadent cake made even more so by the homemade candied topping – this can be made ahead of time if you want to get yourself prepared. Be sure to grease your bundt tin well to ensure it’s easy removal. This rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze is sure to go down well with all who eat it.
- Heat the oven to 170C/Gas 4. Grease the Bundt tin using melted butter. Whisk together the butter, sugar, honey, egg and yogurt with the lemon zest, rosemary and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the our and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Spoon the mixture into the tin, put on a baking tray and cook for 1 hr. Transfer to a wire rack.
- To make the syrup, put the sugar, lemon juice and gin, plus 80ml water, into a small saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. While the cake is hot, brush the syrup all over the cake.
- To make the candied rosemary, dissolve 100g sugar in 25ml water. Put the remaining sugar on a plate. Coat the rosemary in the liquid and then roll in the sugar. Place on a piece of parchment paper to dry out.
- To make the candied lemon, heat the oven to 110C/Gas 1⁄4. Add the lemon slices to the sugar mixture you used for the rosemary and coat both sides. Place the lemon slices on baking parchment and bake in 1 hr.
- Check every 20 mins to make sure they aren’t burning. Once dry, remove any excess sugar and leave until ready to decorate.
- Make the icing by mixing the gin and icing sugar. Drizzle over the cake and place the candied rosemary and lemon on top.
- 300g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g runny honey
- 4 eggs
- 300g Greek yogurt
- zest of 3 large lemons
- 1tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 450g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- for the syrup:
- 80g sugar
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp gin
- for the icing:
- 2tbsp gin
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- for the candied rosemary and lemon:
- 200g sugar
- 4-6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- you will need:
- 25 x 10.2 cm Bundt tin, we love Nordic Ware
Top Tip for making Rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze
You can make the candied rosemary and lemon ahead of time – simply store in an airtight container until ready to use
Time for a purchase: Lady Gaga's makeup artist made a cosmetic storage collection that's practical and adorable
We have our eyes on the brush holders
By Danielle Valente •
Viola Davis' beauty routine is the perfect form of self-care
Viola Davis shared her beauty secrets and how she used it as a form of self-care
By Rylee Johnston •
An update on the release date of the Princess Diana BBC interview doc has been announced, but it's not what you're hoping for
Netflix is postponing its release
By Danielle Valente •