Our rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze is a boozy showstopper that will wow all your guests.
Lemon and rosemary is a classic combination. The sourness of the lemon goes brilliantly with the floral flavours of the rosemary. Combined with gin, there’s nothing not to love. It’s most certainly a decadent cake made even more so by the homemade candied topping – this can be made ahead of time if you want to get yourself prepared. Be sure to grease your bundt tin well to ensure it’s easy removal. This rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze is sure to go down well with all who eat it.
- Heat the oven to 170C/Gas 4. Grease the Bundt tin using melted butter. Whisk together the butter, sugar, honey, egg and yogurt with the lemon zest, rosemary and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the our and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Spoon the mixture into the tin, put on a baking tray and cook for 1 hr. Transfer to a wire rack.
- To make the syrup, put the sugar, lemon juice and gin, plus 80ml water, into a small saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. While the cake is hot, brush the syrup all over the cake.
- To make the candied rosemary, dissolve 100g sugar in 25ml water. Put the remaining sugar on a plate. Coat the rosemary in the liquid and then roll in the sugar. Place on a piece of parchment paper to dry out.
- To make the candied lemon, heat the oven to 110C/Gas 1⁄4. Add the lemon slices to the sugar mixture you used for the rosemary and coat both sides. Place the lemon slices on baking parchment and bake in 1 hr.
- Check every 20 mins to make sure they aren’t burning. Once dry, remove any excess sugar and leave until ready to decorate.
- Make the icing by mixing the gin and icing sugar. Drizzle over the cake and place the candied rosemary and lemon on top.
- 300g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g runny honey
- 4 eggs
- 300g Greek yogurt
- zest of 3 large lemons
- 1tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 450g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- for the syrup:
- 80g sugar
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp gin
- for the icing:
- 2tbsp gin
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- for the candied rosemary and lemon:
- 200g sugar
- 4-6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- you will need:
- 25 x 10.2 cm Bundt tin, we love Nordic Ware
Top Tip for making Rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze
You can make the candied rosemary and lemon ahead of time – simply store in an airtight container until ready to use
Cheese and bacon hush puppies
Once you’ve tried one, you’ll be back for more!
By Jessica Ransom •
Scallops with samphire and lemon
These delicious scallops with samphire and lemon make an impressive starter
By Elisa Roche •
Homemade brioche buns with lemon mayo prawns
Learn how to make soft buttery brioche buns at home
By Jessica Ransom •
Hand-painted portraits from photos: The beautiful way families are remembering loved ones
These touching tributes are an affordable way to commission one of a kind pieces that you’ll treasure forever
By Rosie Conroy •
Melania Trump has been voted the least popular First Lady in US history
Melania Trump has left the White House as the most disliked First Lady of the United States in modern history
By Emma Dooney •
A new Harry Potter series? It may come sooner than you think
The Harry Potter franchise is reportedly being eyed for a live-action series
By Laura Harman •