Try this twist on for a spring version of this classic lamb recipe (opens in new tab) – it’s a great Easter recipe (opens in new tab) to try this year too. With plenty of herbs and a really juicy meaty flavour, this lamb recipe (opens in new tab) is one you'll try again and again.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH SPRING VEG AND HOT HERBY DRESSING
- Heat the oven to 220 C, 200 C fan, 425 F, gas 7. Season the lamb racks, thread the rosemary through the bones and roast on a wire rack set over a roasting tin for about 35 to 40 minutes, draining the fat from time. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the vegetables, in order of how long they take to cook. Carrots will take the longest, followed by courgettes, then the leeks, green beans and sugar snaps. The vegetables should be on the crunchy side of cooked. When done, run the veg under cold water until completely cooled. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine the mustard and the vinegar then drizzle in the olive oil while whisking with a fork until you have a smooth emulsion. Set aside.
- When the lamb is cooked, remove from the oven, transfer to a wooden board and rest for 15 minutes. Pour the dressing into a sauté pan and warm gently. Add the veg, coat in the dressing and heat gently. Toss in the parsley for the last couple of minutes of cooking.
- Serve the lamb cut into individual cutlets with the glazed veg on the side.
- 2 x 8 bone lamb racks, French-trimmed (ask your butcher to do this)
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 700g (1lb 9oz) mixed spring veg (we used baby carrots, courgettes, leeks, green beans and sugar snaps)
- 0.5tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3tbsp olive oil
- large handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Easter biscuits recipe
Use our simple Easter biscuits recipe to make fun, spring time sweet treats to share with friends and family
By Rosie Conroy • Published
Easter carrot cake recipe
Our Easter carrot cake recipe makes a four-layered cake packed with fruit, nuts, and coconut. We think this might just be the best carrot cake ever!
By Jane Curran • Published
Crown of lamb roast
By Jules Mercer • Published
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe • Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer • Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe • Published
Princess Margaret’s go-to dinner party game and hatred for squirrels couldn’t be more *her*
Princess Margaret’s go-to dinner party game is very unique and her fellow guests would never have known it was happening…
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Carole Middleton's elegant pussy bow blouse is the epitome of spring style
Carole Middleton channeled Kate's signature style with a gorgeous blouse
By Robyn Morris • Published
Spring Equinox 2023 horoscope: As we move towards the light, some signs need to be cautious
Spring Equinox 2023 is all about balance, equality, and new beginnings -here's your horoscope and a ritual to help you through
By Inbaal Honigman • Published