This easy recipe makes enough a delicious soup for two people. Rice wine, ginger and spices bring out the best of the roast duck, and it's all ready in just 30 minutes.
Looking for more cooking inspiration? Have a look at our other delicious soup recipes.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST DUCK NOODLE SOUP
Taken from Noodle! by Mimi Aye (£12.99 Absolute Press)
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain in a coliander and rinse thoroughly with running cold water to prevent further cooking. Set to one side in the colander so that any residual water continues to drain
- Pour the chicken stock into a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the rice wine, ginger and five spice. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover with a lid and leave to simmer gently for 20 minutes
- Just before the end of the simmering time, reheat the noodles by placing the colander in the sink and pouring a kettle of boiling water over them. Shake the colander to drain the noodles, then divide them between 2 noodle bowls
- Add the duck pieces and choy sum to the simmering stock and heat for 2-3 minutes – just enough time to warm the duck and wilt the choy sum – then ladle over the noodles. Top with the spring onions, and drizzle over the sesame oil. Serve immediately, with chopsticks and Chinese spoons.
- 125g dried standard thick wheat noodles (lo mein)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1tsp five spice powder
- ½ Chinese roast duck, boned and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 300g choy sum, sliced
- 2 spring onions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 2tsp toasted sesame oil
Top Tip for making Roast Duck Noodle Soup
I love to roast a whole duck, but it's time consuming, so I often just roast 2 duck legs: sprinkle with salt and brush with 1tsp of honey and soy sauce, then roast at 180C/gas mark 4 for 45 mins
Prince Andrew will not be attending Queen's birthday parade for Trooping the Colour in June
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will be absent from festivities - and here's who will be in his place during the parade
By Lauren Hughes •
This naked retreat has been named as one of 2021's best travel experiences
Nudist holidays are on the up! And this Italian retreat is predicted to be a big hit in 2021...
By Lauren Hughes •
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare look inside her home
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare view with fans
By Selina Maycock •