Red pepper soup is a quick and easy meal, perfect for a healthy midweek dinner that won't take ages to make. And if you're looking for a lovely red pepper soup recipe, this spicy red pepper soup with lentils is a real taste bud pleaser and is a perfect healthy lunch or dinner recipe option. The chilli and paprika work brilliantly with the lentils, to create a Mediterranean flavour, which is great for summer evenings.
Although soup can be quite light, the lentils are a great way to make soup more filling. That is what is so great about this dish, as it is appealing all year round. The lentils and spice would be sure to keep your tummy warm and full on a chilly winter's evening. Pair it with some crusty bread and lashings of butter for a more filling meal.
Its versatility also means that this red pepper soup can be enjoyed as lunch, dinner or even as a starter if you're feeling brave enough to tackle a three course meal. Plus it's really quick to whip up, which is super handy, especially on a weeknight. The recipe will only take you 10 minutes to prepare, and you can leave it to bubble away on its own for 15 minutes while you get on with other tasks - although don't stray too far away from the kitchen!
Top tip for making this red delicious red pepper soup:
Be sure to wash and sieve the red lentils before you start making this soup. By washing and soaking them, you can help to reduce their cooking time, meaning it won't take as long to make your dinner or lunch.
To see more of our soup recipes, check out oursoup section- there's plenty to choose from!
HOW TO MAKE SPICY RED PEPPER SOUP
- In a sieve, rinse the red lentils, then leave them to soak in a bowl of cold water while making the rest of the soup.
- In a large pan, gently heat the oil and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and red chilli for 2 minutes and then the sweet smoked paprika for a final minute along with a slash of water to protect the spice from burning.
- Add the red peppers to the pan and cover for 10 minutes until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Drain the lentils and add them to the pan along with the vegetable stock then cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils begin to break down.
- To give the soup some texture, reserve one third of the soup before blending the remainder in a food processor until smooth. Stir the smooth liquid back into the chunky pepper and lentil soup then season to taste adding the sherry vinegar and caster sugar. Divide between 4 bowls swirling 1tbsp natural yogurt through each.
- 200g red lentils
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1tsp crushed chillies
- 1tsp hot smoked paprika
- 4 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1litre vegetable stock
- 1tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 4tbsp natural yogurt
Princess Eugenie shares adorable post featuring baby August to celebrate husband’s birthday
Princess Eugenie has shared an adorable post to celebrate Jack Brooksbank’s 35th birthday
By Laura Harman •
This new first-of-its-kind facial tool combines Gua Sha and Jade Rolling to revitalize skin
Remix by Giselle Wasfie helps utilize the benefits of jade rolling with Gua Sha to help balance and heal skin in one step
By Rylee Johnston •
Aldi is releasing a new rattan garden bar that will make your al fresco dreams a reality
By Danielle Valente •