- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 175g (6oz) Quorn chicken-style pieces
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 410g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4tbsp ground almonds
- large handful spinach
- juice 1 lemon
- to garnish
- 25g (1oz) toasted, flaked almonds
- 1tbsp fresh mint, chopped
Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the Quorn and cumin, and cook for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, ground almonds and 100ml (4fl oz) water. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the spinach and lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes, until the spinach wilts, then sprinkle the toasted almonds and mint on top. Serve with brown rice.
Top Tip for making Quorn and Almond Curry with Spinach
Ring the changes with this curry by replacing the Quorn with cubes of Paneer cheese or 2 cubed chicken breasts.