By Jane Curran
These healthy Vietnamese rice paper rolls make a delicious lunch or fresh starter for an evening meal.
- 12 rice flour pancakes (by Blue Dragon)
- 12 large mint leaves
- 300g (10oz) cooked tiger prawns (you'll need 24)
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 6 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- sweet chilli dipping sauce and fresh limes
- Soak the pancakes one at a time in hand-hot water for 10 seconds. Then put on to a damp tea towel and gently dab over a wedge of kitchen roll to take out excess water. Now they will be sticky.
- Put in 1 mint leaf, 2 prawns and a little cucumber and spring onion. Fold in the sides and roll up. They should stick; if they don't, soak them for a few more seconds. Keep topping up the water as it needs to be hot. Repeat with the rest.
- The rolls will keep in the fridge for a few hours. Serve with the dipping sauce, which is delicious with fresh lime juice squeezed into it.
Top Tip for making Vietnamese Prawn and Mint Rice Paper Rolls with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Find the pancakes at Morrisons, Whole Foods Market and goodnessdirect.co.uk
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Kate Middleton's connection to Princess Diana's nursery school days revealed
Kate Middleton has more in common with the late Princess Diana than you might think
By Emma Dooney •
Prince William reflects on ‘leading two different lives’ as he opens up about blocking loved ones from ‘who you are’
Prince William served in the East Anglian Air Ambulance for two years.
By Emma Shacklock •
I've tried most fitness trackers and always come back to the Fitbit Versa 3—and it's so cheap right now
You can now save up to 30% of the Fitbit Versa 3
By Ciara McGinley •