These healthy Vietnamese rice paper rolls make a delicious lunch or fresh starter for an evening meal.
- 12 rice flour pancakes (by Blue Dragon)
- 12 large mint leaves
- 300g (10oz) cooked tiger prawns (you'll need 24)
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 6 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- to serve
- sweet chilli dipping sauce and fresh limes
Soak the pancakes one at a time in hand-hot water for 10 seconds. Then put on to a damp tea towel and gently dab over a wedge of kitchen roll to take out excess water. Now they will be sticky.
Put in 1 mint leaf, 2 prawns and a little cucumber and spring onion. Fold in the sides and roll up. They should stick; if they don’t, soak them for a few more seconds. Keep topping up the water as it needs to be hot. Repeat with the rest.
The rolls will keep in the fridge for a few hours. Serve with the dipping sauce, which is delicious with fresh lime juice squeezed into it.
Top Tip for making Vietnamese Prawn and Mint Rice Paper Rolls with Sweet Chilli Sauce
Find the pancakes at Morrisons, Whole Foods Market and goodnessdirect.co.uk