These healthy Vietnamese rice paper rolls make a delicious lunch or fresh starter for an evening meal.
- 12 rice flour pancakes (by Blue Dragon)
- 12 large mint leaves
- 300g (10oz) cooked tiger prawns (you'll need 24)
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 6 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- to serve
- sweet chilli dipping sauce and fresh limes
Soak the pancakes one at a time in hand-hot water for 10 seconds. Then put on to a damp tea towel and gently dab over a wedge of kitchen roll to take out excess water. Now they will be sticky.
Put in 1 mint leaf, 2 prawns and a little cucumber and spring onion. Fold in the sides and roll up. They should stick; if they don’t, soak them for a few more seconds. Keep topping up the water as it needs to be hot. Repeat with the rest.
The rolls will keep in the fridge for a few hours. Serve with the dipping sauce, which is delicious with fresh lime juice squeezed into it.
Find the pancakes at Morrisons, Whole Foods Market and goodnessdirect.co.uk