Our pork kebabs with chorizo are the perfect dish for barbecue (opens in new tab) season, but they are equally delicious when simply cooked under the grill. These juicy meat kebabs have a kick of spice and smokiness from the chorizo. We’ve served our pork kebabs with houmous and flatbreads for a simple summer meal. It’s so easy to take shop bought houmus and elevate it into something special. We’ve swirled a pepper puree through our hummus, which pairs with the pork kebabs so well. For the best results, marinate these pork kebabs the day before cooking. This makes the meat extra tender and adds such great flavour.
- 1kg pork tenderloin
- 190g cooking chorizo
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar is fine)
- 250g houmous
- 80g toasted pine nuts
- 6-8 flatbreads, to serve
For the marinade
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp each smoked paprika, chilli flakes and red wine vinegar
You will need
- metal or wooden skewers (soaked if wooden)
- Cut the pork into 2-3cm chunks, then put the chunks in a large bowl with the marinade ingredients and mix together well. Leave to marinate for at least 45 mins, or overnight is best.
- Heat the grill to medium/high. Slice the chorizo into 1cm chunks, then thread the chorizo, pork, onions and peppers onto skewers. Grill for 10 mins, flip them over and grill for another 10 mins until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, blitz the roasted pepper to a fine purée. Swirl the purée through the houmous, top with pine nuts, a glug of olive oil and serve with the flatbreads.
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
These petite cakes are made even prettier with bottlegreen raspberry cordial icing and a sprinkle of dried rose petals
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Pomegranate and elderflower semifreddo
The subtle flavours in this frozen Pomegranate and elderflower semifreddo loaf are perfect for a summer dinner al fresco
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Eton mess tart
We’ve turned a traditional British pudding into a gorgeous white chocolate tart. Summer puddings don’t get any better than this Eton Mess tart.
By Rosie Conroy • Published
5 hacks to stop your summer shoes rubbing
Are your summer shoes rubbing now that the mercury is rising? Here's how to banish blisters and stop sweat for fabulous feet
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Michelle Obama's slitted white dress captures the breezy essence of summer perfectly
Michelle Obama surprised fans alongside Barack Obama during an appearance in Martha's Vineyard
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara's printed shirt dress is the must-have look for summer and shoppers are obsessed!
Zara's printed shirt dress is the new summer essential as fans become obsessed with this stunning dress that available in multiple colors
By Laura Harman • Published