By Jane Curran
Our pork kebabs with chorizo are the perfect dish for barbecue season, but they are equally delicious when simply cooked under the grill. These juicy meat kebabs have a kick of spice and smokiness from the chorizo. We’ve served our pork kebabs with houmous and flatbreads for a simple summer meal. It’s so easy to take shop bought houmus and elevate it into something special. We’ve swirled a pepper puree through our hummus, which pairs with the pork kebabs so well. For the best results, marinate these pork kebabs the day before cooking. This makes the meat extra tender and adds such great flavour.
- 1kg pork tenderloin
- 190g cooking chorizo
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar is fine)
- 250g houmous
- 80g toasted pine nuts
- 6-8 flatbreads, to serve
For the marinade
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp each smoked paprika, chilli flakes and red wine vinegar
You will need
- metal or wooden skewers (soaked if wooden)
- Cut the pork into 2-3cm chunks, then put the chunks in a large bowl with the marinade ingredients and mix together well. Leave to marinate for at least 45 mins, or overnight is best.
- Heat the grill to medium/high. Slice the chorizo into 1cm chunks, then thread the chorizo, pork, onions and peppers onto skewers. Grill for 10 mins, flip them over and grill for another 10 mins until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, blitz the roasted pepper to a fine purée. Swirl the purée through the houmous, top with pine nuts, a glug of olive oil and serve with the flatbreads.
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
Jennifer Garner has one concern about the 'Bennifer' reunion
Jennifer Garner shared her worries over the pace of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's relationship
By Rylee Johnston •
Will Britney Spears ever perform again? Her latest Instagram Q&A gives fans some insight
'I'm in a transition in my life,' the pop star reveals
By Danielle Valente •
Starbucks is out of hazelnut syrup and a few other favorites
Starbucks is undergoing a temporary supply shortage on over two dozen popular ingredients
By Rylee Johnston •