Cheesecake is the perfect go to dessert for any dinner party as it’s really easy to make ahead and keep chilled ready to bring out when dessert rolls around. This delicious passion fruit version is super sweet and summery, not to mention bright, so your guests will absolutely love it – and probably ask for seconds. This recipe serves 8, so there’s enough for any unexpected guests too.
Using passion fruit to decorate the top of this cheesecake too adds an extra layer of glamour. A no fuss, easy recipe that everyone will adore – what’s not to love?
HOW TO MAKE PASSION FRUIT CHEESECAKE
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g digestives, crushed in a food processor
- 4 gelatine leaves, soaked for 5 minutes
- 300g crème fraiche
- 500g cream cheese
- 135g caster sugar
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 6 passion fruit, plus 2 to decorate
you will need
- 20cm non-stick tin with removable base
- Mix the melted butter with the crushed biscuits,remove to the tin, spread out to make an even layer, pressing lightly to set. Set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Drain the gelatine and place in a small saucepan, cover with 2tbsp boiling water then mix to dissolve, add the crème fraiche and heat gently, and mix until smooth and combined.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract and passion fruit pulp. Beat in the crème fraiche mixture until well combined, pout into the tin and set aside in the fridge to firm up over night. To serve, spoon over the passion fruit pulp.
Top Tip for making Passion Fruit Cheesecake
Look for wrinkly skins on the passion fruit, which is also a great source of vitamins A and C
Chloe Zhao made Golden Globes history as the first Asian woman to win Best Director
Chloe Zhao won the Golden Globe for best director of a motion picture making her the first Asian woman to win the award
By Laura Harman •
Kate Winslet reveals her stress incontinence prevents her from engaging in this physical activity
Kate Winslet has raised awareness of the urinatory condition after sharing her personal experience with Graham Norton
By Emma Dooney •
The Split season 3 - everything you need to know about the BBC drama’s final series
Are you prepared for how it will end?
By Emma Shacklock •