- 375g sheet of short crust pastry
- 4tbsp apple juice
- 2tbsp ruby port
- 175g caster sugar, plus extra for dipping the stars
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- grating fresh nutmeg
- 300g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2tbsp cornflour, mixed with 1 1/2tbsp cold water
- 300g frozen mixed berries
You will need:
- 26.5cm x 19cm fluted tart tin
- baking beans
- snowflake or star cutters of various sizes
- Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin, line the tart tin with pastry, but don’t trim yet, then set aside in the fridge to chill. Cut 15 snowflake or star star shapes of different sizes using the remaining pastry, set aside in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the apple juice and port with the sugar in a heavy-based saucepan until dissolved, stir in the spices and the cranberries. Heat for another minute, remove from the heat and stir in the cornflour. Heat for 2-3 minutes, until the juices are clear and thickened, then add the remaining berries and heat for 1 more minute then set aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6. Line the pastry with foil and fill with baking beans. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and cook for another 5 minutes, allow to cool slightly. Turn the oven down to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Pour the filing into the pastry case and bake for 35 minutes.
- Add some sugar to a plate and dip the stars in on one side, remove to a baking sheet and add to the oven for the last 15 minutes of cooking. Once cool enough to handle, scatter the stars over the tart.
Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Eton mess tart
We’ve turned a traditional British pudding into a gorgeous white chocolate tart. Summer puddings don’t get any better than this Eton Mess tart.
By Rosie Conroy Published
Asparagus and brie tarts
Asparagus takes centre stage in these asparagus and brie tart pastry bites that are perfect for lunch or tea.
By Samuel Goldsmith Published
Honey meringue lemon tarts
By Keiron George Published
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe Published
Kate Middleton's classic cranberry red tartan skirt is giving us big ideas for our Christmas Day outfit
A chic statement piece for this holiday season.
By Madeline Merinuk Published
Meghan Markle’s favourite Christmas cocktail is surprisingly healthy - and super easy to recreate
With ingredients like ginger, cloves, and dates, the cocktail is the perfect festive drink
By Charlie Elizabeth Culverhouse Published
Kate Middleton's cosy winter puffer coat has got us rushing to shop this incredible 70% off deal before Christmas
Kate Middleton's cosy winter puffer coat is an iconic outerwear piece and a stunning alternative is now discounted ahead of Christmas
By Emma Shacklock Published