- 375g sheet of short crust pastry
- 4tbsp apple juice
- 2tbsp ruby port
- 175g caster sugar, plus extra for dipping the stars
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- grating fresh nutmeg
- 300g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2tbsp cornflour, mixed with 1 1/2tbsp cold water
- 300g frozen mixed berries
You will need:
- 26.5cm x 19cm fluted tart tin
- baking beans
- snowflake or star cutters of various sizes
- Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin, line the tart tin with pastry, but don’t trim yet, then set aside in the fridge to chill. Cut 15 snowflake or star star shapes of different sizes using the remaining pastry, set aside in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the apple juice and port with the sugar in a heavy-based saucepan until dissolved, stir in the spices and the cranberries. Heat for another minute, remove from the heat and stir in the cornflour. Heat for 2-3 minutes, until the juices are clear and thickened, then add the remaining berries and heat for 1 more minute then set aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6. Line the pastry with foil and fill with baking beans. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and cook for another 5 minutes, allow to cool slightly. Turn the oven down to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Pour the filing into the pastry case and bake for 35 minutes.
- Add some sugar to a plate and dip the stars in on one side, remove to a baking sheet and add to the oven for the last 15 minutes of cooking. Once cool enough to handle, scatter the stars over the tart.
Gwyneth Paltrow suggests vibrator necklaces and luxury bidets as Mother's Day gifts
Gwyneth Paltrow has shared her unconventional Mother's Day gift guide on Goop
By Emma Dooney •
Line of Duty cast's unexpected Bridgerton crossover revealed
The Line of Duty cast has some serious talent...
By Emma Shacklock •
How Meghan Markle will honor Prince Philip privately at his funeral
The Duchess of Sussex is set to pay her own respects to the late Duke of Edinburgh after making 'private arrangements'
By Selina Maycock •