By Jane Curran
Miso soup is a traditional Japanese savoury soup that gets its distinct flavour from miso paste, and makes a great healthy lunch recipe. Spring onions and greens give the soup freshness, and zesty lemongrass energizing flavour which goes really well with the seafood dumplings.
The edible seaweed, often used in sushi, is highly nutritional and contains many important minerals, such as iodine, calcium and magnesium. It is also rich in vitamin C, making this soup a tasty health bomb. Dumplings are another classic Asian food. In this recipe we’ve used prawn dumplings, but you can use vegetarian ones if you prefer.
This miso soup with prawn dumplings is brimming with great Japanese flavours, and the best thing is that it’s easy to make at home – simply put all the ingredients together, add water and bring to the boil. It takes only 20 minutes to make which makes it a great quick supper, or a filling starter.
For more cooking inspiration, have a look at our other tasty soup recipes.
HOW TO MAKE MISO SOUP WITH PRAWN DUMPLINGS
- Put the spring onions, lemongrass, mangetout, spring greens, frozen peas and sushi nori into a large pan. Add 750ml boiling water, bring back to the boil.
- Add the dumplings and simmer
- Whisk in the miso, make sure everything is heated through and add the coriander. Serve immediately.
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, outer layer removed and finely sliced
- 75g mangetout, sliced
- 100g spring greens, shredded
- 175g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 sheets of sushi nori, finely snipped
- 6 prawn or vegetable oriental dumplings, we like Gyoza by Yutaka (from the freezer cabinet)
- 5tbsp miso paste
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Top Tip for making Miso Soup With Prawn Dumplings
Add noodles and prawns or tofu in place of the dumplings, if you like
Lady Gaga's dogs have been stolen after her dog walker was reportedly shot in the chest
The singer's dog walker was reportedly shot in the chest four times before two of her beloved bulldogs were stolen following the ambush
By Selina Maycock •
Were Prince Harry and Meghan Markle paid to do Oprah interview?
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could potentially make a huge sum from the highly-anticipated interview
By Emma Dooney •
Ben Affleck reveals how his divorce from Jennifer Garner helped him become a better actor
He shared how ‘intense personal experiences’ have made acting more ‘interesting’
By Emma Shacklock •