Nutrition per portion
- 200g (7oz) fresh white crab meat
- 100g (4oz) fresh brown crab meat
- 100g (4oz) dried breadcrumbs (we used Waitrose cooks’ ingredients)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 0.5tsp each Worcestershire sauce, English mustard powder and Tabasco
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- juice half lemon
- large handful seasoned flour, to coat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tbsp oil
Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Place the crab meat, half the breadcrumbs, the spring onions, parsley, seasonings, mayonnaise and lemon juice into a bowl, mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 rounds and lightly flatten. Coat each one lightly in flour, then beaten egg and finally cover evenly in breadcrumbs.
Heat a frying pan and add the oil. When it starts to shimmer in the pan, place the crab cakes in, and brown on both sides for a couple of minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown all over. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and oven chips.