Like a sticky toffee pudding, but much better, try these deliciously decadent marmalade puddings next time you’re entertaining guests and you’ll have a new go to dinner party recipe everyone will just love. This recipe makes six puddings, so it’s great for feeding a crowd and your guests will feel like you’ve gone to that extra effort when you serve them up individually.
HOW TO MAKE MARMALADE PUDDINGS WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
- 1 jar Bonne Maman whole sliced orange marmalade
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
For the sauce:
- 35g butter
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 100g marmalade
- 3 tbsp whisky
- 150ml double cream
You will need:
- 6 dariole moulds, buttered and lightly floured
- Set a slice of orange in the base of each dariole mould along with a little marmalade; set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the syrup, then eggs; fold in the flour, baking powder and ginger.
- Divide the mixture between the moulds, cover with foil, smooth the tops and place in a large steamer or pan with a trivet. Half-fill the pan with boiling water, cover with a tight fitting lid; steam gently for 45 minutes. You may need to top up with more water.
- For the sauce, put the butter, sugar, marmalade and whisky into a pan over a low heat. Stir occasionally until dissolved. Add the cream and lemon juice. Tip the puddings onto a hot plate and pour the sauce over.
Top Tip for making Marmalade Puddings with Whisky Sauce
The uncooked puddings will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
Jennifer Garner has one concern about the 'Bennifer' reunion
Jennifer Garner shared her worries over the pace of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's relationship
By Rylee Johnston •
Will Britney Spears ever perform again? Her latest Instagram Q&A gives fans some insight
'I'm in a transition in my life,' the pop star reveals
By Danielle Valente •
Starbucks is out of hazelnut syrup and a few other favorites
Starbucks is undergoing a temporary supply shortage on over two dozen popular ingredients
By Rylee Johnston •