Like a sticky toffee pudding, but much better, try these deliciously decadent marmalade puddings next time you’re entertaining guests and you’ll have a new go to dinner party recipe everyone will just love. This recipe makes six puddings, so it’s great for feeding a crowd and your guests will feel like you’ve gone to that extra effort when you serve them up individually.
HOW TO MAKE MARMALADE PUDDINGS WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
- 1 jar Bonne Maman whole sliced orange marmalade
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
For the sauce:
- 35g butter
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 100g marmalade
- 3 tbsp whisky
- 150ml double cream
You will need:
- 6 dariole moulds, buttered and lightly floured
- Set a slice of orange in the base of each dariole mould along with a little marmalade; set aside. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the syrup, then eggs; fold in the flour, baking powder and ginger.
- Divide the mixture between the moulds, cover with foil, smooth the tops and place in a large steamer or pan with a trivet. Half-fill the pan with boiling water, cover with a tight fitting lid; steam gently for 45 minutes. You may need to top up with more water.
- For the sauce, put the butter, sugar, marmalade and whisky into a pan over a low heat. Stir occasionally until dissolved. Add the cream and lemon juice. Tip the puddings onto a hot plate and pour the sauce over.
Top Tip for making Marmalade Puddings with Whisky Sauce
The uncooked puddings will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge
The Queen won't watch Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
The show will air tonight in the US and tomorrow in the UK
By Sarah Finley •
Louise Redknapp says she was snubbed by her celebrity pals after divorcing Jamie
Louise Redknapp has thanked Jimmy Carr for his friendship after her other famous pals snubbed her
By Robyn Morris •
Kate Middleton rewears £5 Accessorize earrings for latest video appearance
Kate Middleton has reworn a bargain pair of earrings she first debuted last year
By Robyn Morris •