- 150g (5oz) butter
- 50g (2oz) golden caster sugar
- 100g (4oz) maple syrup
- 100g (4oz) golden syrup
- 275g (9½oz) porridge oats
- 75g (3oz) pistachios, shelled
- 175g (6oz) dried berries and cherries (we like Forest Feast, available from larger supermarkets)
- 50g (2oz) white chocolate chips
- you will need
- 18cm (7in) square shallow cake tin, lined with tinfoil
Heat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Place the butter, caster sugar, maple syrup and golden syrup in a pan and heat until the butter has melted. Add the porridge oats, pistachios, berries and cherries, and stir the mixture well.
Spread the mixture in the cake tin and press down well. Bake for 25 minutes until just golden brown around the edges.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the white chocolate chips while still hot. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into slices.