By Jane Curran
If you’re entertaining this week, why not try this delicious modern take on a classic duck a l’orange recipe? It’s the perfect dinner party recipe as it feels rich and indulgent but is actually rather quick to make and doesn’t require too much effort. Serve the dish up with peas and carrots along with the new potatoes for a hearty dinner that will leave everyone feeling satisfied.
HOW TO MAKE MAPLE AND ORANGE-GLAZED DUCK WITH MINI SAUTÉ POTATOES
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. In a small jug, mix the orange juice and zest, balsamic glaze, mustard and maple syrup until smooth. Place the duck legs on a wire rack in a roasting tin and brush with the orange glaze; cook for 10 minutes before adding the duck breasts. Brush all the duck pieces with the glaze and cook for a further 20 minutes, glazing again after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the potatoes to the boil in a pan of cold salted water. Cook for 8 minutes, drain and set aside to steam dry.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat, add the potatoes and cook until browned on both sides. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for another minute, season and mix well. Serve with the duck with steamed baby carrots and peas.
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 duck breasts
- 4 duck legs
- 500g miniature new potatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- baby carrots and peas, to serve
Top Tip for making Maple and Orange-Glazed Duck with Mini Sauté Potatoes
This is a tather generous serving but it does depend on the size of the duck. You could serve one large duck breast per person instead
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •