By Woman and Home published
Love soup is exactly what it says on the tin and we love it! Carrot, potato and onion are the main ingredients of this but what makes it so loveable is the fresh kick of coriander, parsley, garlic, ginger and lemon. Jack Monroe really hits the nail on the head with this mixture of flavours and the potato ensures that the soup is both filling and smooth - exactly what you want from a soup! It would make a great Valentine's Day recipe, or any other special occasion you've got coming up.
Take a look at our other soups in oursoup sectionto find more loveable soups - there's plenty of them!
HOW TO MAKE LOVE SOUP
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- First make the marinade for the vegetables. Measure the oil into a teacup, jug or other small receptacle. Finely grate the lemon zest into the oil. Peel and crush the garlic, and peel and grate the ginger, then add them too. Finely chop the herbs into the mixture. Squeeze the lemon juice in – as much of it as you can squish out – stir together and set aside.
- Peel the onion, chop into quarters and place in a roasting dish. Wash then chop the carrots into thick rounds and add to the roasting dish. Peel and dice the potato and put it in too. Pour the marinade over the top and shake to coat the vegetables. Pop the roasting dish into the preheated oven for an hour or so, shaking occasionally to loosen the vegetables and re-coat them in the marinade.
- When the carrots and potatoes are tender, remove the vegetables from the oven and tip into a food processor. Dissolve the ½ stock cube in 500ml of boiling water and pour this stock into the food processor (to cover the vegetables). Blend until smooth, and serve with a flourish of parsley.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- zest and juice of ½ a lemon, or 1 tbsp bottled lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger (approximately 1cm) or 1 tsp ground ginger
- handul of fresh coriander
- handful of fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 potato
- ½ a vegetable stock cube
Top Tip for making Love Soup
Add a swirl of natural yoghurt or honey at the end, to make this soup extra special.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Princess Diana's legendary black sheep jumper is available as a sweater vest—it's 2022's coolest cover-up
Princess Diana delighted fans with her legendary fashion sense and now one of her most iconic pieces is available as a sweater vest
By Laura Harman • Published
Christina Ricci is actually happy about the current state of women in Hollywood
Actor Christina Ricci thinks women in Hollywood are "getting to play more and more interesting characters"
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published