The Body Coach, Joe Wicks, says: "Yeah, yeah, I know, a massaman is traditionally slow-cooked using beef and potatoes, but this is Lean in 15 and a reduced- carb meal, so I had to speed things up and cut out the potatoes. Don’t worry, though – this curry with chicken tastes just as good, if not better." This speedy version of a Thai classic is still just as delicious and much better for you too. Ideal if you're following the Lean In 15 plan or are just being good this week!
HOW TO MAKE LEAN IN 15 MASSAMAN CURRY
Lean in 15: The Sustain Plan is out on November 17th (Bluebird, £16.99)
- Melt half of the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the cinnamon, onion and aubergine and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Chuck in the midget trees and chilli and continue to stir-fry for another minute.
- Dollop in the massaman paste and mix it through the other ingredients. Stir-fry for a further minute, stirring almost constantly, then pour in the coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes.
- While the coconut milk is simmering away, melt the remaining coconut oil in a second frying pan over a high heat. Fry the chicken for 2 minutes, browning it a little all over. Tip the chicken into the coconut curry mixture, bring it back up to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes, or until you are certain the chicken is fully cooked. Check by slicing into one of the larger pieces to make sure the meat is white all the way through, with no raw pink bits left.
- Turn off the heat from under the pan and stir through the coriander, fish sauce, tamarind paste and desiccated coconut.
- Serve up the mock massaman with wedges of lime.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 aubergine, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 4 midget trees (tender-stem broccoli), any bigger stalks sliced in half lengthways
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp massaman curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 x 240g skinless chicken breast fillet, sliced into 1cm strips
- Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut lime wedges, to serve
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •