For a lamb recipe that’s full of luxury flavours but doesn’t take hours to cook, try this delicious lamb fillet dish this week. Using a mix of garlic, herbs and crème fraîche as a sauce to go with this meat and lentil dish, there is a whole host of really juicy flavours and textures that you’ll just love.
HOW TO MAKE LAMB FILLET WITH CRÈME FRAÎCHE AND HERB LENTILS
- Heat a saucepan and pour in oil. Add the onion and soften for a few minutes, then add the lentils and fry for 1 minute. Add the stock, bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes, until lentils are tender. Cover the pan after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the garlic with lemon zest and juice, crème fraîche and parsley and season. Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Heat a frying pan, oil and season the lamb, then fry on all sides until browned. Transfer to the oven to cook for 10 minutes or so, depending on how pink you like it to be.
- When the lamb is cooked, remove from the oven and rest for a few minutes, before tipping any juices into the lentils (they should be quite soupy). Divide the lentils between 4 bowls, swirl in the garlicky crème fraîche and scatter over some parsley. Slice the lamb and place on top.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g (7oz) Puy lentils
- 350ml (12fl oz) good-quality fresh chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 3tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra to scatter
- 500g (1lb 2oz) piece best-end lamb fillet, halved
Former co-worker defends Meghan Markle, 'I do not believe this bullying narrative for a nanosecond'
Meghan Markle's former Suits co-workers have come to her defense
By Emma Dooney •
This popular flea collar has been linked to thousands of dog deaths
A collar that protects pets from fleas and ticks has been blamed for killing thousands of dogs
By Emma Dooney •
The Dermstore Beauty Refresh Sale has arrived: here are the best deals to shop
Score limited-time deals with the promo code GLOWUP applied at checkout
By Dominique McIntee •