For a lamb recipe that’s full of luxury flavours but doesn’t take hours to cook, try this delicious lamb fillet dish this week. Using a mix of garlic, herbs and crème fraîche as a sauce to go with this meat and lentil dish, there is a whole host of really juicy flavours and textures that you’ll just love.
HOW TO MAKE LAMB FILLET WITH CRÈME FRAÎCHE AND HERB LENTILS
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g (7oz) Puy lentils
- 350ml (12fl oz) good-quality fresh chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 3tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra to scatter
- 500g (1lb 2oz) piece best-end lamb fillet, halved
- Heat a saucepan and pour in oil. Add the onion and soften for a few minutes, then add the lentils and fry for 1 minute. Add the stock, bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes, until lentils are tender. Cover the pan after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the garlic with lemon zest and juice, crème fraîche and parsley and season. Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Heat a frying pan, oil and season the lamb, then fry on all sides until browned. Transfer to the oven to cook for 10 minutes or so, depending on how pink you like it to be.
- When the lamb is cooked, remove from the oven and rest for a few minutes, before tipping any juices into the lentils (they should be quite soupy). Divide the lentils between 4 bowls, swirl in the garlicky crème fraîche and scatter over some parsley. Slice the lamb and place on top.
The Queen shows 'warmth' and an 'attentive' nature towards Joe Biden during their first meeting at Windsor Castle
Joe Biden is the 13th Present the Queen has met
By Georgia Farquharson •
Jennifer Lawrence urges fans to fight back against Republican party's 'radical wing' in passionate call to action
Jennifer Lawrence has called out the Republican party for manipulating the US voting system in a powerful new video
By Emma Dooney •
The top names for pandemic puppies has been revealed
Has your pet got one of these adorable names?
By Laura Harman •