By Jane Curran
Lamb cutlets are a wonderful and delicious cut of meat that are perfect for a special occasion. They take no time at all to cook and make a really special main dish. Our recipe for lamb cutlets gets its wow factor from a sweet but spicy chilli marinade which both infuses the meat with flavour and makes it really tender.
We've served out lamb cutlets recipe alongside a fresh and slightly spicy giant couscous salad with cherry tomatoes, lemon, and fresh parsley. Giant couscous, also known as Israeli couscous, has more texture than regular couscous, holds it shape well when cooked, and makes an interesting change from rice or regular couscous in summer salads.
When buying lamb, always check the packaging to make sure it is British lamb, and from a high welfare farm. Logos to look out for are the Red Tractor logo, ensuring traceable, high welfare, British meat with environmental protection, the RSPCA Assured logo, ensuring animal welfare, and the Soil Association logo, ensuring animal welfare and environmental protection.
HOW TO MAKE OUR LAMB CUTLETS RECIPE WITH GIANT COUSCOUS
- 12 lamb cutlets
- toasted sesame seeds
for the marinade
- 3tbsp honey
- 2tbsp soy
- 2tsp sriracha (hot chilli sauce)
- 1tsp rice vinegar
for the salad
- 100g (dry weight) giant couscous
- 10 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 3 preserved lemons, flesh removed and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Mix the marinade ingredients, then use to coat the cutlets. Cover and leave in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Cook the couscous according to package instructions, mix with all the other salad ingredients, and season.
- Grill on the barbecue or under the grill. Sprinkle with the seeds, then serve with the couscous salad as a side.
Kate Winslet reveals her stress incontinence prevents her from engaging in this physical activity
Kate Winslet has raised awareness of the urinatory condition after sharing her personal experience with Graham Norton
By Emma Dooney •
Meghan Markle wore this stunning designer dress for her Oprah interview
It's sure to be a sell out!
By Sarah Finley •
Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge warn the public against ‘misinformation’ about Covid-19 vaccine
The couple 'wholeheartedly' support having vaccinations
By Emma Shacklock •