By Jane Curran
These lamb cutlets with harissa and pomegranate molasses provide the perfect combination, as the punchy harissa and sweet/sour taste of the molasses cut through the richness of the lamb. The mint and parsley are essential for the seasoning of the lamb, and the cherry tomatoes dilute but complement the strength of the harissa paste. The yoghurt (natural or the Middle Eastern 'labneh', depending on personal preference), is essential as a creamy consistency is required as a side to the punchy, sweet, sour and rich flavours of the harissa, pomegranate and lamb.
This dish is a colourful masterpiece and will leave you not knowing where to start eating, so serve on decorative plates and in pretty bowls to do it justice! A great main course for any dinner party or addition to any buffet, you can be sure adults and kids alike will enjoy, and this dish will become a household favourite. Alternatively, it could be great for an avant-garde Sunday lunch, especially in those summer months when having the oven on for hours on end is far from ideal, or you simply just don't fancy a hot roast. Finish it off with a glass of red wine to enhance the spices and meat flavours perfectly.
HOW TO MAKE LAMB CUTLETS WITH HARISSA AND POMEGRANATE MOLASSES
1. Heat the grill to medium. In a bowl, mix the lamb with the pomegranate molasses and harissa, and season generously. Spread out on to a tray lined with oiled foil. Grill the cutlets for 15 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
2. Put the bulgar wheat and stock into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes. Strain and toss with the tomatoes, spring onions, sherry vinegar and olive oil. Stir through the herbs and season. Serve the cutlets with the bulgar wheat and labneh.
- 8-12 lamb cutlets
- 2tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3tbsp harissa paste
- 250g dried bulgar wheat
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp chopped mint
- 3tbsp chopped ﬂat-leaf parsley
- 100g labneh (Middle Eastern yogurt) or natural yogurt
Chris Appleton's new mask delivers that JLo glow for hair
The Chris Appleton Color Wow MONEY Masque makes dull, frazzled strands look expensive in just 5 minutes.
By Fiona Embleton •
Queen reportedly ‘distraught’ over husband Prince Philip’s ‘health setback’
It's claimed it's been a 'rough few weeks' for the monarch
By Emma Shacklock •
Kate Garraway rocks a retro look in bright yellow with an inspiring message to fans
Kate Garraway looks cool and collected on her way to work
By Laura Harman •