By Jane Curran
STORE: Biscuits can be frozen or kept for 3 days in an airtight tin
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it comes together as a soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm; place in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to around 3mm (⅛in) thick, then cut out your shapes. You can re-roll as much as you like. Put the dough shapes back in the fridge for an hour. Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, 350F, gas 4 and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until they are just going darker at the edges. Cool on a rack.
- For the icing: whisk together an egg white and a squeeze of lemon juice, then add icing sugar, at least 250g (9oz), if you want icing thich enough to pipe lines.
- 65g (2½oz) butter
- 75g (3oz) light muscovado sugar
- 2tsp each ground cinnamon and ginger
- 1tsp mixed spice
- zest of a small orange
- 1tbsp treacle
- 2tbsp milk
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- large pinch bicarbonate of soda
Hillary Clinton praises Dolly Parton's genius vaccine outfit
Hillary Clinton's a big fan of Dolly's look
By Emma Dooney •
The Duchess of Cornwall shares her favourite childhood book and it suits her perfectly
We love her choice
By Sarah Finley •
Joan Collins on why every woman should leave a pot of cream in the downstairs toilet
Joan Collins unusual beauty secret is revealed - and it's genius if you're worried about wrinkles.
By Fiona Embleton •