By Rosie Conroy
Easter biscuits are a fun Spring time sweet treat. These easy to make biscuits are the perfect thing to add some edible décor to your Easter lunch table, to use to decorate an Easter cake, or just enjoy on their own! We made a simple pastel icing for these Easter biscuits by using just a tiny drop of food colouring. These simple Easter biscuits are lightly spiced with ginger and cinnamon to give a classic biscuit recipe a seasonal spin.
- 350g plain flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 4tbsp golden syrup
For the icing
- 4 free-range egg whites
- 900g icing sugar
- a few drops of food colouring, from supermarkets or craft shops ( just a tiny amount to make pastel colours)
You will need
- rabbit-shaped cookie cutters (ours are from bakestore.co.uk)
- disposable piping bags and fine-tip piping nozzles
- Mix together the dry ingredients and put into a food processor. Add the butter, whizz together then add the remaining ingredients and pulse until it comes together. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 20 mins. Roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut out the shapes. Heat the oven to 180C. Put the biscuits onto lined baking trays and bake for 12-15 mins until light brown. Cool then put onto a wire rack.
- To make the icing, whisk the egg whites and sugar together until smooth. separate the mixture into 3 bowls and colour each one separately.
- To decorate, fill 3 piping bags fitted with nozzles, with half of the mixture from each bowl. Outline the edges of each cookie with icing, doing a third in each colour. Add a little water to the remaining mixtures. Fill 3 more piping bags and fill the centres with the corresponding colour of icing. Leave to set. Once hard, pipe on faces with the lining icing.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since 'Bennifer' reunion
New of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
This celebrity-favorite brand is having a secret sale you need to shop now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on rag & bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •