- large handful flat-leaf parsley leaves
- small handful tarragon leaves
- small handful mint leaves
- small handful basil leaves
- 200g (7oz) watercress leaves
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g (7oz) mayonnaise
- 2 fennel bulbs
- juice 1 lemon
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 salmon fillets
Using a blender or sharp knife, finely chop the herbs and 50g (2oz) of the watercress. Stir in the anchovies, garlic and mayonnaise, mix until smooth, season well and set aside.
Finely slice the fennel then place in a bowl with the lemon juice, 2tbsp of the olive oil and plenty of seasoning. Set aside.
Heat the grill to medium-high and place the salmon on a foil-lined shallow baking sheet. Season and drizzle with the remaining olive oil, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. To serve, stir the remaining watercress through the fennel, and serve with the salmon and sauce.