For a healthy lunch recipe that will fill you up all afternoon, give this giant couscous salad a go.
Butternut squash is low in fat and contains potassium and a generous helping of Vitamin B6, to help keep bones and the immune system healthy.
Chickpeas make this low calorie recipe a great veggie option as they offer a source of protein, as well as containing magnesium and folate.
Plus, when combined with the couscous and sprinkled with some chilli and cumin seeds, this punchy butternut squash recipe tastes great.
HOW TO MAKE GIANT COUSCOUS WITH ROASTED SQUASH AND CHICKPEAS
- You don’t have to peel the squash – the skin is quite sweet and tender when roasted. Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Toss together the squash, 2tbsp olive oil, chilli, cumin and 0.5tsp sea salt, then place in a roasting tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Put 600ml (1pt) water on to boil with the salt and 1tsp olive oil. Once boiling, add the couscous and cook according to the pack instructions (times can vary but usually it will take around 20 minutes), stirring occasionally until it’s soft. Drain and stir in a little olive oil.
- Mix the couscous, squash and chickpeas, then stir in the mint and serve. For non-veggies, this can be served as a salad with grilled lamb cutlets. You can prepare this the day before but omit the herbs. Keep it in the fridge and, when at room temperature, add the herbs, then serve.
- half a butternut squash, approx 500g (1lb 2oz), cut into small chunks
- 2tbsp olive oil plus a little extra
- 0.25tsp crushed chilli
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 100g (4oz) giant couscous
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- fresh mint, chopped, to serve
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
I’m A Celebrity 2021’s Richard Madeley opens up on terrifying hospital dash after shock exit
I’m A Celebrity's Richard Madeley has revealed he started ‘talking nonsense’ being taken to hospital.
By Emma Shacklock •
Gordon Ramsay labeled 'emotional wreck' as Tilly Ramsay is axed from Strictly Come Dancing
Tilly Ramsay was axed from Strictly Come Dancing but it was Gordon Ramsay's reaction that stole the show
By Laura Harman •
The Lovehoney Cyber Monday sale has landed—and there's up to 60% off everything
Plus, the most popular savings and the toys our team are picking up in the Lovehoney Cyber Monday sale
By Lauren Clark •