This delicious seafood bouillabaisse recipe takes less than half an hour to make, and you wouldn’t believe it because it looks so impressive. The vibrant red colour of the soup coming from tomato paste is a beautiful backdrop to the tiger shrimps and mussels: it’s like a red carpet for your luxurious dish! This is the perfect main course for a lavish dinner party, and it doesn’t take ages to prepare. Serve with warm garlic bread.
Looking for more ideas? We have plenty of other soup recipes to suit all budgets and occasions.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH BOUILLABAISSE
Taken from The Paleo Diet by Daniel Green (Kyle Books; £14.99). Photography Clare Winfield.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the stock and tomato pastes and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add all the fish and seafood and cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the clams and mussels have opened. Discard any shells that remain closed.
- Serve with a scattering of chives and a twist of black pepper.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 900ml fish stock
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 200g skinless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 200g skinless monkfish fillet, cut into chunks
- 15 small scallops
- 16 tiger shrimp, peeled
- 20 clams
- 20 mussels
- a handful of chives, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
Top Tip for making French Bouillabaisse
Scallops are almost 80% protein, plus they're a rich source of vitamin B12, magnesium, potassium and many other nutrients
The bizarre detail in every photo of Princess Diana and Prince Charles you probably never noticed before
We'd never noticed this before...
By Lucy Buglass •
Who is the Queen's grandnephew and why is he causing such a stir?
The Queen's grandnephew, Arthur Chatto, is breaking the Internet
By Emma Dooney •
The signs that Prince Philip is ‘still as charmed’ with the Queen as ever after 72 years of marriage
This is so sweet...
By Georgia Farquharson •