Salad recipes may be healthy, but that doesn’t mean that they have to be boring. Gone are the days of eating healthy meaning a few sticks of celery and some limp lettuce – this healthy chicken recipe combines a whole host of flavours and healthy ingredients that will fill you up and leave you satisfied.
Whether you want a healthy lunch or easy dinner idea, give this colourful salad with Asian inspired ingredients a go. With pineapples, chillies and limes to create a wonderful mix of sweet, sour and spicy tastes and chicken to provide the protein, this salad is full of healthy ingredients that really do taste great.
What’s more, this salad up to eight people, so is great if you’re feeding a crowd or want to make up a batch of lunches for the week ahead.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN RICE SALAD WITH CHICKEN
- For the chicken, heat a griddle pan to hot. Brush the chicken lightly with the oil, season and cook them in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- For the dressing, mix the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and vinegar until combined. Place the rice, pineapple, red chilli and spring onions in a large bowl and toss through the dressing. To serve, stir in the herbs and serve the chicken on the side.
- 800g (1lb 12oz) mini chicken fillets
- 1tbsp oil
- juice 1 lime
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- 2tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 4tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 500g cooked basmati rice
- 250g (9oz) pineapple chunks, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Top Tip for making Asian Rice Salad with Chicken
Chef’s tip: Japanese rice vinegar makes a delicious fat-free salad dressing all on its own.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •