Salad recipes may be healthy, but that doesn’t mean that they have to be boring. Gone are the days of eating healthy meaning a few sticks of celery and some limp lettuce – this healthy chicken recipe combines a whole host of flavours and healthy ingredients that will fill you up and leave you satisfied.
Whether you want a healthy lunch or easy dinner idea, give this colourful salad with Asian inspired ingredients a go. With pineapples, chillies and limes to create a wonderful mix of sweet, sour and spicy tastes and chicken to provide the protein, this salad is full of healthy ingredients that really do taste great.
What’s more, this salad up to eight people, so is great if you’re feeding a crowd or want to make up a batch of lunches for the week ahead.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN RICE SALAD WITH CHICKEN
- For the chicken, heat a griddle pan to hot. Brush the chicken lightly with the oil, season and cook them in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- For the dressing, mix the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and vinegar until combined. Place the rice, pineapple, red chilli and spring onions in a large bowl and toss through the dressing. To serve, stir in the herbs and serve the chicken on the side.
- 800g (1lb 12oz) mini chicken fillets
- 1tbsp oil
- juice 1 lime
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- 2tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 4tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 500g cooked basmati rice
- 250g (9oz) pineapple chunks, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Top Tip for making Asian Rice Salad with Chicken
Chef’s tip: Japanese rice vinegar makes a delicious fat-free salad dressing all on its own.
Tiger Woods is 'awake and responsive' after having surgery for injuries following a horror car crash
The 15x gold major champion had to be "extricated from the wreck" by firefighters and paramedics
By Selina Maycock •
A closer look at Bagshot Park, Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex's sprawling country estate in Surrey
The pair live at Bagshot Park with their two children James Viscount Severn and Lady Louise
By Amy Hunt •
Michelle Pfeiffer reveals the secret to her youthful appearance
Michelle Pfeiffer's anti-ageing secret isn't a fancy face cream. Read on to find out more...
By Fiona Embleton •