Salad recipes (opens in new tab) may be healthy, but that doesn’t mean that they have to be boring. Gone are the days of eating healthy meaning a few sticks of celery and some limp lettuce – this healthy chicken recipe combines a whole host of flavours and healthy ingredients that will fill you up and leave you satisfied.
Whether you want a healthy lunch or easy dinner idea, give this colourful salad with Asian inspired ingredients a go. With pineapples, chillies and limes to create a wonderful mix of sweet, sour and spicy tastes and chicken to provide the protein, this salad is full of healthy ingredients that really do taste great.
What’s more, this salad up to eight people, so is great if you’re feeding a crowd or want to make up a batch of lunches for the week ahead.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN RICE SALAD WITH CHICKEN
- For the chicken, heat a griddle pan to hot. Brush the chicken lightly with the oil, season and cook them in batches for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- For the dressing, mix the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and vinegar until combined. Place the rice, pineapple, red chilli and spring onions in a large bowl and toss through the dressing. To serve, stir in the herbs and serve the chicken on the side.
- 800g (1lb 12oz) mini chicken fillets
- 1tbsp oil
- juice 1 lime
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- 2tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 4tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 500g cooked basmati rice
- 250g (9oz) pineapple chunks, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Top Tip for making Asian Rice Salad with Chicken
Chef’s tip: Japanese rice vinegar makes a delicious fat-free salad dressing all on its own.
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe • Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer • Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe • Published
Kate Middleton's refreshing heatwave salad is the perfect BBQ crowdpleaser
Kate Middleton's refreshing heatwave salad is the perfect dish for your next summer BBQ - here is how to make this simple salad
By Laura Harman • Published
Japanese parents are sending bags of rice for relatives to hug in place of babies
The bags of rice weigh the same as the babies
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Prince Charles praises ‘world’s fastest’ runners and jerk chicken as he discusses ‘fairly unique’ family
The Prince of Wales shared a powerful message as he and Duchess Camilla hosted a dinner for Commonwealth leaders in Rwanda...
By Emma Shacklock • Published