When you’re trying to be healthy it’s hard to find things that are simple but still taste great, but this healthy dinner recipe is just that. Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids that are great for heart health and when paired with carrot and courgette, it makes for a really healthy dish that is just full of vitamins and minerals.
What’s more, this dish is ready in just 30 minutes, so it’s a great week night salmon recipe to fill you up.
HOW TO MAKE FLAKED SALMON WITH SPICY POMEGRANATE NOODLES
The Extra Virgin Kitchen by Susan Jane White (£21; Gill & Macmillan)
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas 6.
- Prepare the salmon by wrapping the fillets in a parcel of tinfoil and drizzle with the oil. Make sure there's lots of space above the fillets - it's more like a tent than a parcel. They steam in their own juices this way.
- Transfer the tent of salmon onto a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes, depending on how big the fillets are. Check by pulling the flesh apart. If they're not done, just reseal your tent and pop them in the oven again.
- While the salmon is cooking, spiralise the carrot and courgette. In a separate bowl, beat together the remaining ingredients to make your spicy dressing. Toss through your spiralised noodles and divide between 2 bowls. When the salmon is done to your liking, flake the flesh over each bowl of noodles, then sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds.
- 2 fillets organic salmon or wild trout
- drizzle of extra virgin raw coconut oil
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium courgette
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- handful of pomegranate seeds, to garnish
Top Tip for making Flaked Salmon with Spicy Pomegranate Noodles
When you've become familiar with this method of cooking, crank it up another level by adding smashed lemongrass, maple syrup, chilli, cumin, kaffir lime leaves or whatever tickles your appetite on any given evening.
Time for a purchase: Lady Gaga's makeup artist made a cosmetic storage collection that's practical and adorable
We have our eyes on the brush holders
By Danielle Valente •
Viola Davis' beauty routine is the perfect form of self-care
Viola Davis shared her beauty secrets and how she used it as a form of self-care
By Rylee Johnston •
An update on the release date of the Princess Diana BBC interview doc has been announced, but it's not what you're hoping for
Netflix is postponing its release
By Danielle Valente •