By Jane Curran
If you try one new recipe this month, it has to be this delicious falafel salad with pickled radish and turmeric houmous.
A great salad recipe to serve up for lunch, dinner or even your next dinner party, this salad is packed with colourful ingredients that are full of different flavours and textures.
Pickling your own radishes isn’t as hard as it looks and makes a great addition to this tasty salad – try it this week and you’ll not be disappointed.
HOW TO MAKE FALAFEL SALAD WITH TURMERIC HOUMOUS
for the pickled radish
- 200g mixed radishes
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1⁄2tsp salt
- 1tbsp chopped dill
for the turmeric houmous
- 660g jar chickpeas, drained and rinsed 2tbsp tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 3tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp turmeric
- 1tbsp toasted pine nuts
for the salad
- 2 x 192g falafels
- 2 x 250g pouch ready-to-eat mixed grains
- 2tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4tbsp natural yogurt, mixed with 2tbsp chopped mint
- flatbreads, to serve
- For the pickled radish: Slice the radishes, put into a jar and cover with the vinegar, sugar, salt and dill. Close the lid and shake well, then set aside for at least 10 minutes to lightly pickle. These will last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- For the houmous: Tip the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, oil, lemon zest and juice into a blender and whizz until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish or jar, and scatter with the pine nuts to serve.
- For the salad: Cook the falafel and grains according to the pack instructions. Toss the grains with the oil and lemon juice and spoon into a serving platter. Top with the falafel, drizzle with the yogurt dressing and serve with the houmous and some flatbreads.
The Queen had to make 'difficult decisions' for Prince Philip's funeral
In preparation for Prince Philip's funeral, the Queen has had to make some tough choices, especially when it comes to the guest list
By Rylee Johnston •
Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory has died of cancer aged 52
Her husband, actor Damian Lewis, confirmed the sad news in a statement on Twitter
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Gwyneth Paltrow suggests vibrator necklaces and luxury bidets as Mother’s Day gifts
Gwyneth Paltrow has shared her unconventional Mother’s Day gift guide on Goop
By Emma Dooney •