For a great Easter recipe choice that the whole family will love, give this delicious celebration cake a go. It's an Easter cake recipe that tastes as good as it looks! Whether you're entertaining or just want to treat the kids, it's a great go to spring dessert recipe.
HOW TO MAKE EASTER CELEBRATION CAKE
- 350g (12oz) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 350g (12oz) golden caster sugar
- 6 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 400g (14oz) self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g (4oz) ground almonds
- juice and grated zest 2 oranges
for the chocolate fudge filling
- 250g (9oz) plain dark chocolate
- 100g (4oz) butter
- juice 1 orange
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 250g (9oz) icing sugar
for the topping
- 300ml (½pt) double cream
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate, finely chopped
- chocolate eggs, to decorate
you will need:
- 2 x 23cm (9in) round cake tins, lightly oiled and bottom-lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 170 C, 150 C fan, 325 F, gas 3. Cream the butter and sugar together, until pale; mix in the eggs, then fold in the flour, almonds, orange zest and juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tins and bake for 45 minutes, until risen and firm. Remove from tins and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the fudge filling. Melt the chocolate and butter, and mix with the orange juice. Cool for 5 minutes, then whisk in the egg yolks and icing sugar in batches.
- For the topping, heat the cream and sugar in a pan until steaming. Pour over the chopped chocolate in a bowl, and stir to combine. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the cakes are cool, cut both in half horizontally. Spread one cake layer with a third of the filling, top with another layer of cake and spread with a second third of the mixture. Add a third layer, spread with the rest of the filling, and top with the final layer.
- When the topping is cool, apply it to the cake with a palette knife. Pile the chocolate eggs in the middle and serve. The cake will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
When is it going to snow in the UK this year and where is it confirmed?
Heavy snow in the UK might not be that far away as forecasters predict 'blizzards' in some areas...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Strictly curse strikes again? Kai Widdringtonand Nadiya Bychkova are rumored to be dating
Strictly curse rumors are swirling once again as an inside source has revealed Kai Widdrington and Nadiya Bychkova are dating
By Laura Harman • Published
Zara Tindall's piercing revelation at Prince Charles' party—reports of 'royal rebel' behavior
Zara Tindall's piercing revelation at Prince Charles' party— reportedly the young royal rebelled just like any other youth
By Aoife Hanna • Published