Chilli, pak choi cabbage and spring onions are the vegetables bringing more flavour into this tasty duck and noodle soup. Soy sauce and brown sugar complete the broth’s spicy flavour, inspired by the Asian cuisine. Fry the veg in sesame oil (pak choi is great for stir-fries) for a soft, nutty flavour. The thick udon noodles go great with this soup, as they are mild-tasting and traditionally used in soups.
Looking for more delicious cooking ideas? We have something to suit every budget and occasion, so head over to our extensive list of soup recipes to find your favourite!
HOW TO MAKE DUCK AND NOODLE SOUP
- Thinly slice the duck and set aside. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chilli, spring onion and pak choi for 3 mins until wilted.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 6 minutes then drain.
- Meanwhile pour the stock into a large pan with the soy and sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the duck slices and cook for a further 2 minutes until cooked through. Stir though the coriander and the pak choi mixture.
- Divide the noodles between the bowls then ladle over the hot duck broth to serve.
- 1 duck breast, fat removed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head pak choi, sliced
- 85g (3½oz) udon noodles
- 1.5 (2¾pt) litres chicken stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ pack fresh coriander, leaves picked
Top Tip for making Duck and Noodle Soup
Add a cinnamon stick to the broth while simmering for a more aromatic taste.
This popular flea collar has been linked to thousands of dog deaths
A collar that protects pets from fleas and ticks has been blamed for killing thousands of dogs
By Emma Dooney •
The Dermstore Beauty Refresh Sale has arrived: here are the best deals to shop
Score limited-time deals with the promo code GLOWUP applied at checkout
By Dominique McIntee •
'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison says he regrets defending Rachael Kirkconnell's racism
Presenter of the Bachelor, Chris Harrison, states that he regrets defending Rachel Kirkconnell’s past racist actions
By Laura Harman •