By TI Media
Crispy duck pancakes…but not as you know them! Our fun French-inspired crispy duck hash pancakes are a twist on the classic and well worth the effort.
These crispy duck hash pancakes are a perfect for a weekend brunch or lunch. Confit duck is one of the most famous French dishes – it’s duck that is slowly cooked in its own fat. It’s incredibly decadent and full of flavour. It’s possible to make your own confit duck legs at home but we have opted for the ready made kind found in supermarkets to save you both time and effort.
- Steam the sweet potato until soft. Meanwhile, cook the duck according to packet instructions. When the duck is cooked, carefully shred it into bite- sized chunks. Stir together the sweet potato, duck, hoisin sauce and spring onions (keeping a few to garnish). Place to one side.
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in 1 egg and 100ml of the milk until smooth. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk.
- Heat a 20cm crepe pan (or frying pan) and brush with a little vegetable oil. Pour about 2tbsp of the batter into the pan, tilting so that the batter coats the base evenly. Cook, loosening edge with a spatula until crepe is browned lightly underneath. Turn crepe and cook until browned on other side. Transfer to a plate or oven proof dish; cover to keep warm.
- In a separate frying pan heat 2tbsp vegetable oil on a medium high heat and fry the sweet potato mix, stirring occasionally until crispy, about 5-10 mins. Remove the mixture from the pan and add another 2tbsp of vegetable oil to the pan and fry 4 eggs.
- To assemble, place one of the pancakes back into the crepe pan and bring up to a medium heat. Spoon one-quarter of the sweet potato mix into the middle of the crepe and place a fried egg on top, fold up the edges to form a little pancake parcel. Leave in the pan for a further min until the bottom crisps a little. Repeat with the remaining mixture and eggs. Sprinkle over the reserved spring onion.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 confit duck legs (can be found in supermarkets)
- 100g spring onions, finely sliced
- 5tbsp hoisin sauce
- 75g plain flour
- 5 large eggs
- 200ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
Top Tip for making Crispy duck hash pancakes
Switch out the duck for jackfruit for a veggie alternative.
An eagle-eyed fan has spotted something unusual about these photographs of Prince William in Scotland
Prince William was pictured trying his hand at DIY during a royal engagement with Church Scotland during his Royal Tour last month
By Lauren Hughes •
Shop your summer wardrobe for less with woman&home vouchers
All the deals you need for some seriously savvy shopping!
By WomanAndHome Staff •
Oprah reveals the surprising reason she can’t be Lilibet’s godmother
Oprah was the original frontrunner to be Lilibet's godmother, but it looks like the legendary talk show host wants Harry and Meghan to remove her as a candidate
By Emma Dooney •