Monkfish is a really meaty fish that’s great for filling up the family for dinner and when paired with this creamy risotto recipe, it couldn’t feel more satisfying.
This dish also uses Parma ham, dry white wine and plenty of garlic to really ramp up that flavour. Plus there is also asparagus to make sure you’re getting some veg in there too. It makes for a great dinner party recipe if you're after something different.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY ASPARAGUS RISOTTO WITH MONKFISH
- Preheat the oven to 220 C, 425 F, gas 7 with a baking sheet inside. Fry the onion in the butter and olive oil for 7 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, wrap the monkfish fillets in the slices of Parma ham.
- Add the risotto rice and garlic to the onion and stir briefly over a medium heat. Pour in the wine, sizzle for 1 minute, then pour in half the hot stock. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the asparagus, then stir over a low heat for 8 to 10 minutes more, adding the remaining stock, until the rice and asparagus are tender.
- Drizzle the monkfish with olive oil and roast on the preheated baking sheet for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Stir the Taleggio and parsley into the risotto. Warm gently until the cheese is melted, then serve with the fish.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 15g (½oz) butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 monkfish fillets, skinned and seasoned
- 2 slices Parma ham
- 150g (5oz) risotto rice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 150ml (¼pt) dry white wine
- 700ml (1¼pt) hot chicken stock
- 250g (9oz) asparagus, thinly sliced
- 135g pack Taleggio, chopped
- 2tbsp parsley, chopped
Skechers’ new walking shoes are the perfect Mother's Day gift to give your mum the ultimate comfort
Skechers’ new Arch Fit walking shoes offer podiatrist-certified support to keep you stable and comfortable on long walks
By Aleesha Badkar •
Dr. Jill Biden reveals she is 'obsessed' with getting her dogs settled in at White House
Dr. Jill Biden has admitted to Kelly Clarkson she is preoccupied with the White House dogs' settlement into their new home
By Emma Dooney •
Gillian Anderson and Emma Corrin react to Prince Harry's views on The Crown
There's a lot of love for Harry
By Sarah Finley •