By Jane Curran
If you’re looking for a tasty dinner that’s quick to throw together, give this crab and asparagus risotto recipe a go this week. Asparagus is usually in season between April and June, so it’s a great veg to tuck into throughout the summer and is full of health benefits. It’s a great source of fibre, folate and vitamins A, C, E and K – so you know it’s a great one to include in your dinner.
Crab is usually in season between April and November, so it’s also a great meat to try throughout the summer if you’re trying to eat more in tune with the seasons – plus it tastes great in this flavoursome dish.
HOW TO MAKE CRAB AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
- Heat the butter and oil in a wide pan and add the shallots. Soften for 5 minutes over a medium heat, then add the rice. Coat well in the butter and fry for a further minute. Turn up the heat, add the wine and let it bubble until it has almost disappeared.
- Add the hot stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until each ladle has been absorbed before adding another one. Depending on the rice you use, you may need to add slightly more stock.
- When all the stock has been incorporated and the rice is cooked through, add the asparagus and crabmeat. Serve.
- 1tbsp butter
- 1tsp olive oil
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 150g risotto rice (we used Arborio)
- 130ml dry white wine
- around 700ml vegetable or fish stock, kept simmering
- 250g asparagus, cut into small pieces and blanched
- 150g crabmeat, a mixture of white and brown
Shoppers say these high-waisted leggings are the softest they've ever owned — and they're now 45% off on Amazon
With over 50,000 reviews, these fan-favorite leggings tout a laundry list of bragging rights — here's why they belong in your closet
By Dominique McIntee •
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released for a younger audience
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released with a new lovely message for her younger audience
By Laura Harman •
This Marks & Spencer ribbed loungewear set has shoppers obsessed with its soft and cosy fabric
This M&S cosy loungewear set is perfect for eating chocolate eggs in comfort...
By Selina Maycock •