By Jane Curran
If you’re looking for a tasty dinner that’s quick to throw together, give this crab and asparagus risotto recipe a go this week. Asparagus is usually in season between April and June, so it’s a great veg to tuck into throughout the summer and is full of health benefits. It’s a great source of fibre, folate and vitamins A, C, E and K – so you know it’s a great one to include in your dinner.
Crab is usually in season between April and November, so it’s also a great meat to try throughout the summer if you’re trying to eat more in tune with the seasons – plus it tastes great in this flavoursome dish.
HOW TO MAKE CRAB AND ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
- 1tbsp butter
- 1tsp olive oil
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 150g risotto rice (we used Arborio)
- 130ml dry white wine
- around 700ml vegetable or fish stock, kept simmering
- 250g asparagus, cut into small pieces and blanched
- 150g crabmeat, a mixture of white and brown
- Heat the butter and oil in a wide pan and add the shallots. Soften for 5 minutes over a medium heat, then add the rice. Coat well in the butter and fry for a further minute. Turn up the heat, add the wine and let it bubble until it has almost disappeared.
- Add the hot stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until each ladle has been absorbed before adding another one. Depending on the rice you use, you may need to add slightly more stock.
- When all the stock has been incorporated and the rice is cooked through, add the asparagus and crabmeat. Serve.
Courteney Cox spills some secrets about the Friends reunion, and we can't contain our excitement
'It was unbelievable'
By Danielle Valente •
Sharon Stone shares powerful message about sexual abuse on Good Morning Britain
Sharon Stone called our understanding of sexual abuse 'impoverished' on her Good Morning Britain appearance on Monday
By Emma Dooney •
Zara Tindall carefully made sure she didn’t upstage Princess Charlotte on her birthday
By Caitlin Elliott •