By Woman and Home published
Whether you need a quick supper that’s lovely and light or something you can whip up the night before and have cold for lunch the next day, this courgette recipe is a really good go to for a healthy meal that tastes great.
Using plenty of fresh veg, including courgettes, onions, spring onions and potatoes, this recipe is really quick to throw together and contains plenty of protein thanks to all the eggs. This recipe will serve six, but you can easily double it up if you’re cooking for more.
HOW COURGETTE AND GOAT'S CHEESE TART
- 35g (1¼oz) butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large courgettes, thinly sliced
- juice 1 lemon
- 200g (7oz) cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 100g (4oz) goats' cheese
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 7 free-range eggs, beaten
you will also need
- 25-30cm (10-12in) non-stick sauté pan
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Heat the sauté pan and melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic, and fry gently until softened. Add the courgettes and lemon juice, turn up the heat and fry for another couple of minutes. Add the potatoes, toss everything together, then add the goats' cheese in chunks on the top, and scatter over the spring onions.
- Season the eggs quite heavily, then pour over the veg and cook on a medium heat on the hob for a couple of minutes, until the edges of the tortilla are set. Transfer to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes, until the tortilla is golden brown and has no runny egg in the middle. Serve immediately, cut into wedges, or allow to cool and serve cold.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The royal family's link to eclipses—astrological events connected to royal births, drama, and tragedies
The royal family's link to eclipses includes the births of Prince Charles, William, and Kate as well as the tragedies that befell Princess Diana
By Stephanie Campos-Powell • Published
Fans react to Lisa Bonet and Jason Momoa's marriage breakdown and they're actually cheering us up
After over a decade together, Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet released a joint statement announcing their separation
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
This viral TikTok blow dry hack achieves the Dyson Airwrap look in five minutes
This TikTok blow dry trick is the dream shortcut to flicky hair
By Caitlin Elliott • Published