Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Whether you need a quick supper that’s lovely and light or something you can whip up the night before and have cold for lunch the next day, this courgette recipe (opens in new tab) is a really good go to for a healthy meal that tastes great.
Using plenty of fresh veg, including courgettes, onions, spring onions and potatoes, this recipe is really quick to throw together and contains plenty of protein thanks to all the eggs. This recipe will serve six, but you can easily double it up if you’re cooking for more.
HOW COURGETTE AND GOAT'S CHEESE TART
- 35g (1¼oz) butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large courgettes, thinly sliced
- juice 1 lemon
- 200g (7oz) cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 100g (4oz) goats' cheese
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 7 free-range eggs, beaten
you will also need
- 25-30cm (10-12in) non-stick sauté pan
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Heat the sauté pan and melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic, and fry gently until softened. Add the courgettes and lemon juice, turn up the heat and fry for another couple of minutes. Add the potatoes, toss everything together, then add the goats' cheese in chunks on the top, and scatter over the spring onions.
- Season the eggs quite heavily, then pour over the veg and cook on a medium heat on the hob for a couple of minutes, until the edges of the tortilla are set. Transfer to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes, until the tortilla is golden brown and has no runny egg in the middle. Serve immediately, cut into wedges, or allow to cool and serve cold.
Bean Salad with Courgette
One of the best things about summer is the abundance of vegetables. This bean salad with courgette uses up the best the season has to offer and has a mild kick, depending on how much mustard you use.
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Pan fried sea bass fillet with herbed courgettes
By Elisa Roche • Published
Avocado, Pea and Courgette Salad
By Jane Curran • Published
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe • Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer • Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe • Published
The Queen's 'boring' Christmas dinner favorite revealed by royal chef
The Queen kept things basic when it came to Christmas dinners at Sandringham
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated
Supermodel Helena Christensen celebrates her birthday by taking a freezing dip in a classic black bathing suit
Looking as stunning as ever, 54-year-old Helena Christensen sure knows how to make her birthday special
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Nigella Lawson reveals the Christmas lunch tradition she has 'never' understood – 'it's madness'
Nigella Lawson shared the controversial opinion during an interview about her upcoming Christmas cooking plans
By Emma Dooney • Published