Whether you need a quick supper that’s lovely and light or something you can whip up the night before and have cold for lunch the next day, this courgette recipe is a really good go to for a healthy meal that tastes great.
Using plenty of fresh veg, including courgettes, onions, spring onions and potatoes, this recipe is really quick to throw together and contains plenty of protein thanks to all the eggs. This recipe will serve six, but you can easily double it up if you’re cooking for more.
HOW COURGETTE AND GOAT'S CHEESE TART
- 35g (1¼oz) butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large courgettes, thinly sliced
- juice 1 lemon
- 200g (7oz) cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 100g (4oz) goats' cheese
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 7 free-range eggs, beaten
you will also need
- 25-30cm (10-12in) non-stick sauté pan
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Heat the sauté pan and melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic, and fry gently until softened. Add the courgettes and lemon juice, turn up the heat and fry for another couple of minutes. Add the potatoes, toss everything together, then add the goats' cheese in chunks on the top, and scatter over the spring onions.
- Season the eggs quite heavily, then pour over the veg and cook on a medium heat on the hob for a couple of minutes, until the edges of the tortilla are set. Transfer to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes, until the tortilla is golden brown and has no runny egg in the middle. Serve immediately, cut into wedges, or allow to cool and serve cold.
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •