For a flavoursome meal option that’s low in fat and ready in just 40 minutes, try this recipe for coriander chicken with pilau rice recipe. It’s also a great dinner party recipe to try if you want a meal option that doesn’t take too much fuss to cook up, plus it serves 4 people, so the perfect amount for a dinner party or a mid week family meal.
HOW TO MAKE CORIANDER CHICKEN WITH PILAU RICE
- 2tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2tbsp oil
- 4 free-range chicken supremes, slashed
For the pilau rice
- 1tbsp oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1tsp each turmeric and ground coriander
- ½tsp ground cumin
- 200g basmati rice
- 100g sultanas
- 50g flaked, toasted almonds
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Mix the crushed coriander with the oil and rub all over the chicken. Leave to marinate for at least half an hour or overnight. When you're ready to cook, heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat a lidded sauté pan and pour in the oil. Add the red onion and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the turmeric, ground coriander and cumin and cook for 2 minutes, until the raw spice smell disappears. Add the rice with 400ml water and the sultanas, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until all the water has evaporated and the rice is tender.
- Stir through the toasted almonds and coriander. Serve with chicken supremes with minted yogurt on the side, if you like.
How much did Princess Diana's wedding dress cost and where is it now?
How much did Princess Diana's wedding dress cost when she married Prince Charles in 1981?
By Robyn Morris •
Premier Inn reports rise in pillow sales following TikTok trend
Have you tried Premier Inn pillows yet?
By Emma Shacklock •
Pippa Middleton’s mother Carole confirms her daughter’s second pregnancy
Kate Middleton’s sister will give her son a new sibling
By Sarah Finley •