If you’re after a super healthy dinner recipe that doesn’t compromise on flavour, give this delicious lamb recipe a try and you’ll have a healthy meal that tastes and looks great that you know is really good for you.
In this dish we’ve switched up your usual rice for a healthy cauliflower version to make it much lower in calories, so it’s a great diet friendly dish.
While coconut milk and oil mean the meat is full of delicious flavour – it’s a winner all round.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT LAMB WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 600g lamb, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 turnips, diced
- 800ml coconut milk
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
For the rice:
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Melt the coconut oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the lamb and sear before adding the tomatoes, turnips and coconut milk to the pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cauliflower rice. Cut the core out of the cauliflower and discard. Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until it is a fine grain. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until al dente.
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the lamb and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, top with the coriander and serve over the cauliflower rice.
No mask, no problem at the Oscars: Academy Award guests will not be required to wear face coverings on camera
Here are the rules
By Danielle Valente •
You'll never guess how Kate Winslet's daughter has hidden her connection to her mother
Kate Winslet's daughter has decided to take up acting but used this one clever way to hide their connection
By Rylee Johnston •
The Jury has officially delivered a verdict for the Derek Chauvin trial
The jury has officially come to a unanimous decision for Derek Chauvin's trial over the murder of George Floyd
By Rylee Johnston •