By Jane Curran
This healthy coconut chicken dish is gently poached in an aromatic broth. The longer the broth is simmered for, the more intense the flavours, and the great thing about poaching chicken is that it absorbs all the beautiful tastes of the broth while remaining tender and juicy. If you don't have lemongrass to hand but still fancy something similar for tea you can try alternative ingredients to flavour the broth. Spring onions or slices of fresh ginger also add a fantastic flavour punch but feel free to try anything you like - we love a bit of experimentation.
Served with pak choi and microwaved rice, coconut chicken is a hearty midweek meal packed with bold herbs and spices that takes minutes to prep, perfect for busy evenings. If you're facing a week full of busy evenings then this is a great dinner to make in bulk and reheat for a homemade ready-meal over the next couple of days.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CHICKEN
- 400g can coconut milk
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 limes, washed
- 1 green chilli, halved and chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 250g pouch microwave basmati rice
- 2tbsp each chopped mint and coriander
- 8 baby pak choi, steamed, to serve
- Heat the coconut milk in a pan. Bash the lemongrass and add to the pan. Zest the limes and add, then half and squeeze the juice into the pan, and add the halves. Add the chilli.
- Let it sit over a gentle heat for the flavours to infuse. Add the chicken, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- When ready to serve, discard the lemongrass and lime skins. Microwave the rice and add a small ladleful of the coconut broth and the herbs. Slice the chicken and serve with the pak choi.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •