By Jane Curran
Clam chowder is a hearty winter soup that will warm you up whilst making sure you’re satisfied. This tempting and creamy clam chowder is packed full of protein, iron and vitamin B-12 to make sure you’re dinner is nutritious and delicious. Clam chowder is an east coast favourite and is famous for its rich and luxurious flavours and fresh ingredients. Trying this clam chowder recipe at home is sure to impress anyone that you have over for dinner.
HOW TO MAKE CLAM CHOWDER
- Pour the sherry into a large, lidded saucepan. Bring to the boil then add the clams. Give them a shake then put the lid on, turn the heat down to medium and leave for 5 mins, giving the odd stir, until all the clams are open. Drain in a colander over a bowl then strain the cooking liquor through a sieve. Set aside then shell the clams. Once cold, cover and leave in the fridge.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Cook the onions and celery over a low heat until softened. Add the stock and cooking liquor, bring to the boil then simmer, adding the potatoes and bay leaves. Cook until the potatoes are tender, then return the clams to the pan. Add the cream and heat through. Season to taste then stir through the finely chopped parsley. Ladle into warmed bowls and scatter the bacon on top.
- 200ml dry sherry or white wine
- 2kg fresh clams
- 45g butter
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 500ml shellfish stock, or fish stock
- 350g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 200ml double cream
- 4tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 8 rashers streaky smoked bacon, grilled and chopped
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Producers have ‘high hopes’ Kim Cattrall will be back for Sex and the City spin-off despite feud with Sarah Jessica Parker
We finally know how Samantha is being written out of the show
By Jack Slater •
These rare Jo Malone Black Friday deals can save you up to 20% on their newest candles, colognes and more
Save up to 20% with these rare Jo Malone Black Friday deals—and there's a decadent free cologne on offer too
By Aleesha Badkar •
Holly Willoughby is a fan of this cult mascara—and it's 20% off right now!
Holly Willoughby's favorite mascara, which promises to visibly lengthen and lift is currently 20% off in the Black Friday sales
By Laura Harman •