By Jane Curran
For a warming and hearty meal that will fill up the whole family and leave them feeling really satisfied, try this delicious casserole recipe this month.
With zesty flavours thanks to the lemon juice and capers, this dish makes the most of pork loin and is great when served up with a crunchy salad, rice, or potatoes.
Fennel seeds and crème fraiche also give this dish an added layer of flavour, but it’s all made in one pot and only takes 35 minutes in total – meaning it’s a great week night dinner option if you want something speedy that doesn’t take too much washing up.
HOW TO MAKE SPRING PORK AND CIDER CASSEROLE
- Heat oil in a heavy-based casserole and fry the pork in batches for 2 minutes on each side, until browned and almost cooked through. Set aside.
- Gently cook the onion with the garlic and fennel seeds until the onion has softened. Turn up the heat, pour over the cider and boil until reduced by half. Return the pork to the pan for5 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Stir through the crème fraîche, olives, capers, lemon zest and juice, season and scatter with parsley to serve.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 600g pork loin fillet, sliced into medallions
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2tsp fennel seeds
- 500ml dry cider
- 3tbsp crème fraîche
- 75g mixed pitted olives
- 3tbsp capers
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- a large handful of parsley, chopped
This Black Friday vitamin D deal can't be missed, especially as it may help in the fight against Covid-19
A Black Friday vitamin D deal is a guilt-free investment this winter, and here's why...
By Faye M Smith •
I'm a Celebrity viewers react to major 'tension' between these two campmates
I'm a Celebrity viewers have picked up on some animosity
By Jenni McKnight •
This half price Black Friday CBD deal will really help take the edge off 2020 – I scoffed at first, but it has worked for me!
A Black Friday CBD deal could be just the thing to help give your mind and soul some much-needed TLC this year.
By Faye M Smith •