We've taken a classic no-bake treat and reinvented it to look just like a classic Christmas pudding. It's quick to make and just takes a bit of chilling in the fridge, no oven required! With crunchy ginger biscuits, boozy dried fruits, and rich chocolate flavoured with orange, it's hard not to love this Christmas tiffin pudding. Our Christmas tiffin pudding is a rich and chocolatey treat that is perfect for those who don’t love a regular Christmas pudding. The indulgent chocolate is jeweled with boozy dried fruits and crunchy ginger biscuit, and decorated with a white chocolate topping to make it look just like a traditional pudding. This tiffin is nut free, but make sure to check the ingredients of the chocolates you buy. To make this Christmas tiffin pudding more suitable for kids, you can skip the booze and soak in orange juice instead. For more fabulous Christmas desserts, head to our pudding recipe collection.
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS TIFFIN PUDDING
- 80g raisins or currants
- 80g sultanas
- 100ml brandy or rum
- 300g dark chocolate
- 200g dark chocolate with orange
- 50g golden syrup
- 100g butter
- 200g ginger nut biscuits, crushed
For the topping:
- 75g white chocolate
- 2tsp vegetable oil
You will need:
- a pudding bowl lined with clingfilm
- Combine the raisins, sultanas and brandy in a small bowl and leave to soak. Gently melt the two dark chocolates, golden syrup and butter in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add the crushed biscuits to the melted chocolate mixture, then drain the raisins and sultanas and add to the chocolate and biscuits. Discard the excess brandy or rum.
- Pour the tiffin mixture into the lined pudding bowl, top with a layer of clingfilm, and press down firmly so the mixture fills the bowl tightly and has a flat top. Leave until cooled to room temperature then chill in the fridge for at least 3 hrs, or overnight.
- To make the topping, melt the white chocolate with the oil, then spoon over the top of the chilled chocolate tiffin so that it drips down the edges. The easiest way to do this is to put a few blobs of melted chocolate around the rim so they naturally drip down, and fill in the top with chocolate. Return to the fridge for 30 mins. Remove from fridge 5-10 minutes before serving.
NHS boss warns against Gwyneth Paltrow's long Covid advice and the dangers of 'misinformation'
Professor Steven Powis said that celebrities had a "duty of responsibility" and that these are "not the solutions we'd recommend"
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Hasbro Mr. Potato Head gets a makeover as the creators transform the iconic children's toy to be more 'inclusive'
Here are some of the changes to the iconic Hasbro Mr. Potato Head toy as it relaunches...
By Selina Maycock •
Stanley Tucci reveals his 20-year friendship with Colin Firth shaped their roles as partners in new film
They star as long-term partners Tusker and Sam in Supernova
By Emma Shacklock •