For a really special dinner party recipe that’s out of this world delicious, try this intricate squid and stuffed chorizo dish. Full of spicy flavour thanks to the chorizo, it’s a real winner when it comes to a main option.
HOW TO MAKE CHORIZO-STUFFED SQUID WITH BUTTER BEANS
- 4 medium squid tubes (reserve any tentacles for the stuffing) - watch our video on
how to prepare squid
- 4 chorizo sausages, or other spicy sausages
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200ml dry white wine
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 150g sunblush tomatoes
- 660g large butter beans (the best ones are Spanish in a glass jar – from M&S, Waitrose, ocado.com and delis)
- 6tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
You will need
- cocktail sticks
- Chop any squid tentacles. Skin the sausages then mix with the tentacles and divide the mixture between the squid tubes. Seal the ends with a cocktail stick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan (you will also need a lid), then brown the squid all over. Set aside. In the same pan, cook the onion for 5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the white wine and bubble for a few minutes. Add all the tomatoes, 150ml water and some seasoning. Bring to the boil, then return the squid to the same pan and leave to simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse the butter beans. Take the squid out of the pan and gently stir in the beans and the parsley. Heat through and serve with the sliced squid.
Top Tip for making Chorizo-Stuffed Squid with Butter Beans
This dish is perfect with a crunchy green salad
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •