By Woman and Home published
Chocolate brownies are a go to dessert recipe when you want something really special; whether that’s served warm after dinner or kept in a tin when you want an afternoon snack.
Full of chocolaty goodness, this chocolate recipe is a great one to try if you’ve not baked brownies before as it’s really easy to follow and there aren’t too many ingredients, in fact you’ll probably have most of the ingredients in this recipe in your store cupboard already. And that makes brownies a really cheap and easy treat to whip up in a flash.
Once you’ve got your basic brownie recipe down, you can experiment with adding different types of chocolates and other flavours like raspberry – and this brownie recipe is the perfect base to grow your brownie repertoire from!
So whether you’re entertaining a crowd or just fancy baking something sweet, give this classic chocolate brownie recipe a go and you’ll not regret it.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- Heat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4 and line a deep baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter gently in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture a little at a time, then fold in the sifted flour and a little salt until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin, and bake for about 25 minutes.
- melted butter, for greasing
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 275g (9.5oz) dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 225g (8oz) unsalted butter
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 0.5tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 200g (7oz) plain flour, sifted
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Who left The Apprentice this week? The Apprentice 2022 boardroom results revealed
If you're still wondering who left The Apprentice 2022 after the latest intense boardroom, then we have the answers...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Prince William recalls grief over Princess Diana’s death with boy who lost his mother
Prince William opened up to 11-year-old Deacon Glover about his mother's death on Thursday
By Emma Dooney • Published
Prince Andrew laughed when his dog bit maid, leaving her 'bleeding'
Prince Andrew laughed when his dog bit a maid who worked for the royal family, leaving her badly injured—'He wasn’t bothered'
By Aoife Hanna • Published