Chocolate brownies are a go to dessert recipe when you want something really special; whether that’s served warm after dinner or kept in a tin when you want an afternoon snack.
Full of chocolaty goodness, this chocolate recipe is a great one to try if you’ve not baked brownies before as it’s really easy to follow and there aren’t too many ingredients, in fact you’ll probably have most of the ingredients in this recipe in your store cupboard already. And that makes brownies a really cheap and easy treat to whip up in a flash.
Once you’ve got your basic brownie recipe down, you can experiment with adding different types of chocolates and other flavours like raspberry – and this brownie recipe is the perfect base to grow your brownie repertoire from!
So whether you’re entertaining a crowd or just fancy baking something sweet, give this classic chocolate brownie recipe a go and you’ll not regret it.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- Heat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4 and line a deep baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter gently in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture a little at a time, then fold in the sifted flour and a little salt until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin, and bake for about 25 minutes.
- melted butter, for greasing
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 275g (9.5oz) dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 225g (8oz) unsalted butter
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- 0.5tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 200g (7oz) plain flour, sifted
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •